“Top-Notch Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del-Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 25 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Hiawatha Drive
Mpls
“Top-Notch Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy great food and a nice bottle of wine as often as we can make it happen. We are in the Dells with our family - 3 boys - and wanted to find a special place to celebrate our oldest son's 13th birthday. Though the Del-Bar is a white-linen restaurant, they were very accommodating with our family. We had one of the best tables in the house, found one of our favorite bottles of wine of the menu (Lewis '08 a rare one) and had one of the best dinners we've had in some time. Starting with our salads - who knew a Caesar could be so delightful? Even our sons, 10 and 8, ate every scrap. Our entrees were equally delicious, steaks, chicken cordon bleu were good. The kids Mac and cheese was nothing special, though, but they did accommodate a steak request by making 3 small plates for our sons. We ended the meal with a surprise hot fudge sundae for the birthday boy followed up with 2 others for our other sons. The server was a real pro, every detail handled nicely. We would highly recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere, food and friendly environment. We've dined all over and this ranks very high on our list of favorites.

Visited April 2013

83% Recommend
Caeur D Alene
“Great appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The place feels like a Chicago night life restaurant. It's really groovy. The leather seats and the bar area are fun and elegant.
Sercice was excellent. They ackmodated to me and I felt well taken care off.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staff was very helpful, nice selection of local beers, ambiance of the restaurant has some Frank Lloyd Wright aspects to it. Suprised they charged me $24 for 2 pork chops that were rather small, it was good. I guess this is what you get for the Dells......

Visited April 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Fantastic place in a beautifully designed restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a wonderful experience at this restaurant, food was fantastic. It's always hard to find a decent burger, well their steak burger was one of the best I've ever had. The ambiance was great, it was really cool to eat in a prairie style frank Lloyd wright styled home. As an architecture major in college I can attest to its style. The service was great with my kids , it's always nice to have a good meal thats amenable with small children

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeForest, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been going to Del-Bar for many years now and have giving many recommendations to friends although it's been hit and miss at times. We have had a couple of bad experiences here over the years but have always went back, that being said at this point we are done. On 3/30/13 we stopped in for dinner with our 18 and 21 year old children at 5:30pm, the restaurant was very slow which we expected and hoped for that early in the evening but none the less they decide to seat us on top of the bus boy station in the bar's walkway although all dinning areas were nearly empty, when we requested to move the lady rolled her eyes and the other Hostess stated to "put them in the family section then" so the did, they seated our adult family in the section reserved for loud and crying children which there were. Both our server and the bartender were excellent but the food was not near to the level the pricing reflected and the hostesses treated us like second class citizens. When I walked out of the bar with a drink in my hand to be seated the Hostess also acted like I was trying to dash on my bar bill although I had already settled up on the bar bill with a healthy tip before we walked out to be seated. There are better values in the Dells from establishments who both want and appreciate your business, if I can give any advice spend your hard earned money in one of these places rather than the Del-Bar who seems to think they're doing you a favor just by letting you in their door.

• Visited March 2013