“Decent food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 24 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Hiawatha Drive
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staff was very helpful, nice selection of local beers, ambiance of the restaurant has some Frank Lloyd Wright aspects to it. Suprised they charged me $24 for 2 pork chops that were rather small, it was good. I guess this is what you get for the Dells......

Visited April 2013

82% Recommend
Naperville, Illinois
“Fantastic place in a beautifully designed restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a wonderful experience at this restaurant, food was fantastic. It's always hard to find a decent burger, well their steak burger was one of the best I've ever had. The ambiance was great, it was really cool to eat in a prairie style frank Lloyd wright styled home. As an architecture major in college I can attest to its style. The service was great with my kids , it's always nice to have a good meal thats amenable with small children

DeForest, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been going to Del-Bar for many years now and have giving many recommendations to friends although it's been hit and miss at times. We have had a couple of bad experiences here over the years but have always went back, that being said at this point we are done. On 3/30/13 we stopped in for dinner with our 18 and 21 year old children at 5:30pm, the restaurant was very slow which we expected and hoped for that early in the evening but none the less they decide to seat us on top of the bus boy station in the bar's walkway although all dinning areas were nearly empty, when we requested to move the lady rolled her eyes and the other Hostess stated to "put them in the family section then" so the did, they seated our adult family in the section reserved for loud and crying children which there were. Both our server and the bartender were excellent but the food was not near to the level the pricing reflected and the hostesses treated us like second class citizens. When I walked out of the bar with a drink in my hand to be seated the Hostess also acted like I was trying to dash on my bar bill although I had already settled up on the bar bill with a healthy tip before we walked out to be seated. There are better values in the Dells from establishments who both want and appreciate your business, if I can give any advice spend your hard earned money in one of these places rather than the Del-Bar who seems to think they're doing you a favor just by letting you in their door.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, wisconsin
“Kelly as hostess. So Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Going this evening to our favorite restaurant in the Dells. Always the best food. But most important is the friendliness of the employees. And it always starts with Kelly at the hostess desk. She is just the best. Great way to start.
Then a few drinks with Mary at the bar, and on to wonderful food.
The best restaurant in the Dells.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Yummy food in quaint, romantic space...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I came here because I had read that it was next door to our hotel (Hilton Garden Inn) and they had a special Sun-Thur on Steak or Salmon Burgers (see website). Overall, we loved everything. The ambiance, the friendly waitress and delicious food. Since they were out of slaw, they subbed in a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. It was DELISH! The variety of fresh rolls/crackers kept us busy till our sandwiches arrived. Only one small negative was that my salmon arrived undercooked but the waitress apologized many times and brought out a new piece fairly quickly. She also sent us home with desert to compensate. Our dinner came out to around $40ish with 3 beers, 2 sandwiches and a side order of fries and tip. There were many other top-notch choices on the menu but the $$ reflected these items. We opted for their special as we had been snacking already that evening. Also, at our initial arrival, the restaurant greeter was not aware of the Del-Bar's special posted on their website...we almost left since she said there were none...but decided to look it up on our phones and show it to her :-) Overall, highly recommended!