“Honeymoom weekend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Delton
Platteville, Wisconsin, United States
“Honeymoom weekend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was cheap enough, and actually got it 4 days before we decided to go. However, the bed was rock hard, and the carpet smelled of pee. It was a King whirlpool suite, and the jets were horrible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
alpha il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Still dirty room at 6:00 and check in time was 4:00, hair balls and white chunks (???) floating in both indoor pool and hot tub, the only decent water slide was closed due to a "tummy ache", dried vomit (or something even worse!!!) dried on the bathroom wall, it took 2 of us to open the sliding glass door, after satellite tv was advertised 6 channels were what we got, no "free wi-fi" either in your room as promised but instead in their lobby which was where the one and only microwave was, they ran out of Noahs Ark tickets and my husband had to run to their sister The Wintergreen to pick ours up. The only positive thing was NO BEDBUGS!!! We expected a little more for $118 plus tax a night. Thankfully we've been to The Dells before and know that it CAN be an enjoyable experience.... just not at this lousy hell hole.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Delton hotels

Rockford,IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

1st off we got a very good deal on the hotel. For $49 a night so I cant really complain. Weve always seen it when we drive by and the awesome photos in the brouchure sure looks like a kids candyland dream come true. I have to say the outdoor pool area was very cute. Nothing too fancy but kids loved it. Were used to the big waterparks like Wilderness and Kalahari. But we just wanted somewhere cheap this time. The room was extremely clean. Bathroom was much cleaner than I expected. Nothing fancy...but everything was ok. Tv was old, but hey we werent there to watch tv. I have to say that the mattress was Terrible. Husband and I had very stiff backs while there. Couldnt wait to come to our comfy bed. Check in was easy... I heard a lady come in and ask when the waterslide would open and they said it opens at 2. When we went to the pool, the slide was closed. I asked an employee and he said it opens at 6pm. ??? 6pm rolled by and no slide open. The next day kids really wanted to go on the slide so I kept asking. Finally another employee told me that the slide was going to open in 1 hour and for 1 hour only. Thought that was kinda stupid. The pool was not crowded at all, as I thought it would be. The indoor pool was freezing so we never used it. But the outdoor area was nice. One very large complaint I do have to say is when I called to make reservations, I asked if there are patios and balconies at each room. The lady said Yes and asked me why. I told her because my husband is a smoker and will want somewhere to smoke since he cant smoke inside. When we got there, that night my husband was outside smoking on the patio and an employee walked by and told my husband to put his cigarette out or we would be charged a cleaning fee. What??? So there are other reviews about people sitting at the picnic table smoking... cause thats where they are told to go to, Stupid if you ask me. Anyways, the location is great. Even attached to pizza ranch. If you have a great deal, it a decent place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel to stay in. Others might get a different impression from the outside looks but inside the room it is nice and clean. The pool area was great. I usually hate staying in a place where the bathroom is unclean and moldy. It was total opposite here. The bathtub was very clean and new. Great location right across Noahs Ark. The customer service at the hotel is impeccable. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. I wouldnt recommend a better place to stay at Wisconsin Dells.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Customer service was excellence from the start of my stay till check out. Location was great with Noahs ark and tommy barttlet in walking distance . The rooms and buildings were clean and nice. Older style tv and lock systems but it all worked and I liked it. Very family oriented hotel I would say overall.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Dells pretty much run down all over now. The carousel pretty icky on outside, pools good for kids but very old and dirty. Room slightly better then expected did the job, but only worth it if you get a cheap rate. Seems like the nicer places would be Great Wolf, Wilderness, Kalahari....People leaving beer bottles all over on picnic tables....lots of smokers outside as well.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I am normally very picky with where we stay and have stayed at the Kalahari the last several times we have visited the Dells. We were doing Noah's Ark this trip and I wanted to be close to there. I was SO nervous to stay here due to Some of the negative reviews but was pleasantly surprises. There was a Lu e for check in when we arrived and a very sweet gal behind the desk told us we could go enjoy the pool and come back when it was less busy. She then came out and got my name to check on our room to see if it was ready as we had arrived early. I was so happy with the great service. I fou d out that the hotel is u seen new ownership and or management and it really seems to have helped.
The pool was great and the kids lived it. The room was very clean and the location is great!! The property is nearly across the street from Noah's Ark and around many things to do. The Kalahari for this trip was 299 per night and this property 120. I am very pleased we made this choice and would do so again.
I would suggest that you request a too
That is facing the main pool. Our room
Was in the 300 building which was still nice and faces their back pool and park.
I will be sure to ask to be by main pool next time as it makes it more convenient for my daughter:). Overall its a Nice clean place and great location!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Carousel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!