“Amazingly Good- You will not be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Amazingly Good- You will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My best friend and I found this place based on other good reviews of area restaurants. We were a little skeptical when we arrived, but don't judge this book by its cover! The Green Owl is a quaint little place off the beaten path. The decor is a bit dated, but you will soon appreciate the fact that you are NOT in a chain restaurant.

The bartender/waitress, Barb, was unbelievable. She is a woman who truly enjoys her job and will not hesitate to offer suggestions on the amazing food the Green Owl offers. The menu was not overwhelmingly extensive, but offered good choices. My friend and I settled on mixed green salads to start followed by a taco pizza. The greens were good and accompanied by homemade ranch dressing.

What we didn't expect was the best pizza we had ever tried! The amazing, homemade chewy crust, chipotle chicken, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes... it was a little slice of heaven. We will be returning soon to try other items, I am absolutely certain.

Try the Green Owl!! You'll love it!!!

(As a sidenote, I had the hiccups when I was there and Barb had a no-fail cure. You'll have to ask her if you want it!)

• Visited January 2013

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Nice Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Easy to find in Lake Delton. Would be great in the summer as there is a lot of outside seating. The pizza was great and the rest of the menu looked wonderful. Will certainly return!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food...can't wait to come back and try other food on the menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We found this restaurant on the web and we wanted to try something different. The menu was simple but enticing. I had the apple pecan salad and my husband had the black bean burger. Both were really good. Loved the homemade vinegrette. My boys are picky eaters but loved the mac n cheese and grilled cheese (made on homemade bread). The place was empty the night before Thanksgiving but my older son loved all the owls that decorate the place and he took lots of photos. We have to come back again next time we are in the Dells. Totally recommend the food.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Burgers not exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After reading the reviews, I expected a large, exceptional burger, and was disappointed as a result. There were only 10 people in the restaurant, yet service was unbelievably slow. Spent an hour and a half there, just to eat a burger.

I might try their pizza next time, hoping not to be disappointed, given the good reviews on it too.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't go by the looks of the place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been here several times and have tried a variety of their food. Pizza is awesome. Fish is very good. Burgers are one of the best in town. The staff and owner all very friendly and service is usually very quick. They have a very nice outside bar and live music in summer. Outside seating is very unique and very scenic. Don't let the beat up look of the building scare you away. It's the food and service that count.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere