“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fields at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip to the Dells. This restaurant had been recommended to us but when we walked up and looked at the menu, we hesitated to go in. It seemed too pricey for us and we thought we were dressed too casually. We decided to try it and we were both so glad we did. We were immediately seated and had a seat overlooking the restaurant and in hearing distance of the piano player. Our waiter immediately appeared to tell us about the menu. The service at Field's was outstanding!! Each time something was brought to our table 4 servers appeared. The restaurant does an amazing job of training their wait staff. Our food was also amazing. I had the lobster bisque and the chicken marsala. My husband had a variety of seafood and he loved everything on his plate. I would love to go back here and highly recommend Fields for anyone who wants to splurge or spend a special occasion.

78% Recommend
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great lobster Bisque and seafood, terrible steak.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Well the place is beautiful but our special night away from the baby was not so special. Service was attentive. My partners meal was luckily above average. Mine however was a large disappointment leaving me wanting my forty-some dollars for my steak back. Drinks started nicely other than the fact that our table would randomly get hit with drop of water from the overfilled water feature we were sitting under. Then our starters came. The lobster bisque was great but my salad that I had asked to have the peepers removed from arrived at the table with, surprise surprise, peppers. Its a good thing that my reaction to peppers isn't serious because it was no thrill biting into something that you are not suppose to have. I let it pass in the hopes that my expensive steak would save the day. Big mistake! This was one of the worst steaks that I have ever had. I ordered it medium-well, more to the medium side, and received a piece of meat that had char on the sides and was over cooked and tough. So disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Avoid this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Paid $120 for two 8 oz filets and glasses of wine. I expect to pay that for a good meal but this wasn't. Filet's, salads and sides were all pretty bland. Waiters and servers seemed bothered to provide service. Interior was dark and uninteresting.

Better to save your money on fine dining back home and just go with burgers/pizza in the Dells.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Will never eat there again the entire...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010 via mobile

Will never eat there again the entire place was nice but once we ordered we realised that they are high priced for a small portion I ordered a steak and it came to me bland drenched in grease and not well done it was still pink in side. So I told them to take it back then the manager came to the table told me that this is what I ordered and in so many words to eat the damn steak we got up and left hated this place thumbs down

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Good place for steaks, nothing else”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

We had a group of 11 and they put us in a private room which worked out great with 3 kids, so we didn't disturb others. It was a nice place, but odd combination of food. Not a lot of typical steak restaurant food (french onion soup). Everyone who had steaks said they were good and cooked right. One of the members in our group doesn't eat beef, fish, or pork and that left her with a pasta dish with alfredo and veggies. It seemed like whatever veggies they could find, they put in the dish. The appetizers were an odd combination of things, not expected. The waiter was good, but the bus girl was obnoxious contanstantly trying to take plates away and hanging around in the room we were seated in. Felt like telling her to go to another table. A little over priced, which we had heard from others. I don't think this place would be condusive to kids other than the fact we got put into a private room. Okay place but wish they had more options for non beef eaters. Service was a bit slow, but expected for 11 people. We did make a reservation and the table was ready upon arrival, but we were a few minutes late from waiting for the shuttle service at Wildnerness resort.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere