“You don't want to miss this experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fields at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 25 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
“You don't want to miss this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant and its servers were awesome! The teamwork they all displayed while waiting on my family of four was amazing! It was as if they had choreographed every move. The food was absolutely amazing!!! Both adults and kids were in heaven and loved every bite of food we had. Lobster Bisque- yum!! Spinach salad- YUM! Filet and salmon were excellent. I only wish we would have left room for dessert!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just wonderful, a perfect 10 from all your chi-town familyJust wonderful, a perfect 10 from all your chi-town familyJust wonderful, a perfect 10 from all your chi-town familyJust wonderful, a perfect 10 from all your chi-town familyJust wonderful, a perfect 10 from all your chi-town family

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wisconsin
“Great salad, rushed average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've eaten at Field's at the Wilderness a few times and never been too impressed. I was surprised by my amazing dinner salad, the Wilderness salad. Hands down, the best thing I've ever eaten there. Food was average, my husband had prime rib, I had lobster (2 small tails not one large....odd for this level of fine dining). As I was reading a few other reviews, I had the same experience. I was barely half done with my salad, mind you, I loved this salad and was eating it and not talking....yep, here comes dinner! WHAT!!?!?!??, I was immediately put off and angry for ruining my yummy salad experience. It was Sunday evening at 6:45 p.m. and the restaurant wasn't even 1/2 full and you're rushing me out of here. Please, unless you're in a hurry, tell them not to bring your entree until you're completely done with your starters. As in previous reviews, once our order was placed and he came immediately after our dinners arrived to see if everything was fine, our waiter vaporized and we were left to be handled by the woman who pleasantly filled our water. This was odd, especially because we ordered dessert and coffee. I certainly hope she got at least half of the tip, but I'm guessing not. For great food, I prefer the Del Bar and for the price, go to the Chop House at Chula Vista. There's no excuse for rushing customers unless it's a packed Saturday night and at this price point, there's no excuse.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
IL
“Upscale atmosphere, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were seated promptly upon our arrival and appreciated that all tables seem to have a lot of room between them - you're not "crowded". The atmosphere is delightful. Our waitstaff was avery attentive and informative. Our drinks arrived soon after ordering them and because it was a special occasion, two of us ordered the expensive filet with bone - mine was ordered medium and was so tender it could be cut with a fork - and very flavorful - when I got close to the bone, it was too rare but by that time I was full and took it home where the microwave finished the job. The salads were very fresh, the soup delicious and while our whole meal was very well paced, we were in and out in shortly over an hour. The menu has a lot of variety and is rather expensive. Next time, we'll check out the bar area and perhaps have drinks and appetizers. But for special occasions, this restaurant is awesome.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whitewater, Wisconsin
“A good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was here with a large group and we had a somewhat fixed menu. I am a very picky eater and they were very willing to make a few adjustments for me which I greatly appreciated. Everyone seemed to enojoy their meal. The wait staff was on top of the entire meal and did a great job. The bar area is great and the drinks solid! The space, in my opinion needs a major refresh. It feels to me to be quite outdated. The Wilderness tends to attract higher end visitors and this being their premier restaurant should reflect this in their decor.

• Visited April 2013