“Outstanding food and service in a chic setting!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fields at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Outstanding food and service in a chic setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite restaurant anywhere( not just the Dells, or Wisconsin). It has it all- service, food and atmosphere.
The waitstaff well trained, friendly and professional. Food is delicious. You have to try the lobster bisque, the hot bacon salad dressing and the twice baked potatoes. It is primarily a steak house, but seafood options are also on the menu.
The atmosphere is elegant but laid back. A Frank Lloyd Wright style of Architecture, piano bar,gives it a Frank Sinatra style feel. There is a welcoming fireplace in the lobby when you arrive. It is pricey, but well worth it for a special meal. Has a romantic feel, but have seen families with kids there as well as large multigenerational parties.

• Polish first
Adams, Wisconsin
“It's not a meal, it's an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Fields for Valentines Day. We knew it was going to be on the pricey side but we went because we wanted to try it. The minute we walked it we were impressed. We were a few minutes early for our reservation but they seated us right away. (On a Saturday night!) The restaurant interior was done in what I think was Cherry and it was classic modern (?). We were seated be the window with a nice view. The service was impeccable. Although they were getting busy they were very patient with our questions. Emply dishes were removed immediately. Salad and rolls were included in the price. The salad was almost a meal in itself. Plenty of mixed greens and other salad 'fixings'. We both ordered steak. My 16 oz. prime rib was huge. I didn't weigh it, of course, but I find it hard to believe it didn't weigh closer to 20-22 oz. Delicious too. My husband loved his NY Strip. Since it was a special occasion I decided to take home some of the prime rib so I'd have room for dessert. I ordered Creme Brulee Trio. It was heaven. My husband was stuffed from his dinner and didn't want dessert. There was enough for two and he miraculously found room once he tasted it. Our bill was around $90 before a tip. Yes it was a little expensive but I'm tired of paying $40-$60 for a meal and it just being mediocre. We could not afford to go here every week but it is great for a special occasion. We will be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fine, fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful restaurant with almost too-attentive service (I don't need help placing my napkin properly on my lap, thank you very much!). Good menu variety, but the view from the main dining room was much nicer before the resort expanded its waterpark -- looks tacky and industrial now.

Visited October 2012
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“So pretty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there while we were staying at the Wilderness for Valentines Day. He has food allergies and they were very accommodating to him. Our service was excellent, as was the meal. The meal was a little pricey, but it was what we expected from a nice restaurant.It was a special and beautiful place for a valentines dinner. We will go back there.

Visited February 2013
Wisconsin
“Fancy and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Wilderness is over the top in every way, but wonderful in every way just the same! The menu is varied and will not disappoint. I choose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner every year because I know that it will be a memorable, relaxing, and a super delicious meal too! Love!