“Beautiful surroundings, great steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fields at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
Wisconsin, USA
“Beautiful surroundings, great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice restaurant........also very expensive, but the food is excellent. We like to go on Friday night when they offer a "local's menu." The menu consists of three or four choices for a much reduced price. It always includes the prime rib, which is wonderful, and usually a salmon and a shrimp choice. The Wilderness salad is an upgrade, but worth it. Service is excellent and the cocktails are very generous. We have never been disappointed with anything at this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Expensive, Irritating Help, and the Steak Sucked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We thought we were going out for a nice dinner and knew it would be pricey. We ordered some lame soup and this guy in a blue shirt came out to grill us about what we didn't like about the soup and was argumentative about it. The prime rib was gross, but we ate it anyway. My friends ny strip was tough. The glasses were dirty. There was no soap in the men's room. Will never go back, ever. The waiter was okay, bus boys keep trying to take away food before we were done.
Maybe they were having an off night, we will never go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Incredible Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My sister-in-law and I left the teens in the waterpark and had a wonderful dinner together. Seriously the nicest restaurant I've ever been in. Employees were young but professional and polished beyond their years. We felt a bit out of place and more than a little underdressed-had figured "hey, this is the Dells!" but bring your dress-up clothes-you won't feel out of place. Definitely an expensive meal (if we had brought the kids there is no way we would have stayed)-plan on a minimum of $40 pp but my prime rib and her filet were delicious and perfectly cooked. Wine was $8 to $10 per glass-not cheap but I've seen worse. Salad and rolls were also very good. Excellent piano player/singer in the bar. Wonderful experience-perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Portage, Wisconsin
“Ohhh, la la”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Went here once. Got wine, lobster bisque, steak, he got steak, and we had 6 drinks in between us all night. Bill was $ 120. Besides the bill, everything about that place is awesome!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Good but not sure worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I ate here for a nice night out on our mini getaway. We each had one drink and a steak meal, the total was apx $140. The nice part was that a salad or soup and potato were included in the price which is not always the case at steakhouses. I ordered the 8oz filet fields style which of course is a few bucks extra but sooo worth it. Fields style means it has a topping of parmesan cheese and mushrooms that were soaked in garlic very good!!!! I got the twice baked potato which was nothing special at all. My husband asked about mashed potatoes and not only were we told they didnt have them but the waiter didnt even ask the chef if they could be made, this was a little shocking but not the end of the world. The house pino grigio is yummy!!!!! I thought I wrote it down but now I cant find it so will have to call. Service was very very good (except the small mashed potato incident). Definitely a nice romantic spot for a good meal and great service!

• 4 of 5 stars Food