“Great bar food... and bar.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 25 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Mauston, Wisconsin
“Great bar food... and bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My only food experiences with Monks is with their burgers. They are excellent. Probably wouldn't call their specialty burgers super creative, but definitely nothing that you would get from a standard chain.

My experineces have always included fast and curteous customer service and good food for what I would expect to pay in the Dells.

The night experiences here have always been good. I'm not usually one for frozen drinks, but if you stop here ofr an adult beverage, try the Purple Monkey!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

this place has good burgers and a purple monkey drink is a must. on the weekends there is live music and a great place to watch sports the menu is pricey

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Good food close to the water park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

You can catch a shuttle to this restaurant. The food was pretty good. The kids meals were served in a frisbee, which they thought was cool.

Visited November 2012
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Great food, great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have a bad habit of reading the bad reviews of places on tripadvisor first. So, I was leery at first, but then noticed that some of these reviews were made at peak season, and times. My experience was great. Friendly welcome, friendly wait staff. I chose to sit in the bar area to watch some football. I had my wife and 9 year old stepdaughter with. Was it loud? Yes! But so what! It's a sports bar, and I'm loud myself! Anyway--Monk's has a great beer selection, which made me happy. We ordered fried cheese curds to share. Plenty of them to share in the full order. Next was the hard part. Choosing a burger! The waitress was very helpful, and I ended up going with the Black n Blue burger. Sensational! All our meals were great! We liked it so much, we went back again before we left for home! Will be there when we return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mindoro, WI
“Sportsbar Plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped here on our way to an event for a quick bite. The entrance is kind of tricky at night we were a bit confused on how to exit the street. But the seating was immediate the staff friendly and plenty of game viewing from all directions in the bar area. The nacho grande appetizer was excellent by all accounts at our table. Clean, well appointed, Badger room was very nice. We would stop again.

• Visited December 2012