“good burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

this place has good burgers and a purple monkey drink is a must. on the weekends there is live music and a great place to watch sports the menu is pricey

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Good food close to the water park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

You can catch a shuttle to this restaurant. The food was pretty good. The kids meals were served in a frisbee, which they thought was cool.

Visited November 2012
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Great food, great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have a bad habit of reading the bad reviews of places on tripadvisor first. So, I was leery at first, but then noticed that some of these reviews were made at peak season, and times. My experience was great. Friendly welcome, friendly wait staff. I chose to sit in the bar area to watch some football. I had my wife and 9 year old stepdaughter with. Was it loud? Yes! But so what! It's a sports bar, and I'm loud myself! Anyway--Monk's has a great beer selection, which made me happy. We ordered fried cheese curds to share. Plenty of them to share in the full order. Next was the hard part. Choosing a burger! The waitress was very helpful, and I ended up going with the Black n Blue burger. Sensational! All our meals were great! We liked it so much, we went back again before we left for home! Will be there when we return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mindoro, WI
“Sportsbar Plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped here on our way to an event for a quick bite. The entrance is kind of tricky at night we were a bit confused on how to exit the street. But the seating was immediate the staff friendly and plenty of game viewing from all directions in the bar area. The nacho grande appetizer was excellent by all accounts at our table. Clean, well appointed, Badger room was very nice. We would stop again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Deadsville in November”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After outlet mall shopping, a friend & I went to Monks for a burger. The place was dead but then it is off season for the Dells. Because we were 1 table out of only 4 filled, we got great service. Burger was not all that great. I ordered it medium but it came well done. The bun wasn't all that fresh. Overall the experience was just okay. With so many places to eat in the Dells, I think we will try somewhere else next time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MonksBar, Public Relations Manager at Monk's Bar & Grill at the Wilderness, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of Monk's Bar & Grill at the Wilderness, we appreciate your honest feedback of our service and food. First, I'd like to apologize for your well done burger, our Monkburgers are what built a successful bar and grill and I am sorry it was not prepared to your satisfaction. However, a thank you in also in order for your kind words on our customer service. Slow season or not, it's a great compliment to hear customers are being cared for and are having positive experiences. If you'd like, please e-mail us at info@monksbarandgrill.com and your concerns about our burgers will be passed on to owners and management so it can be addressed with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback, it is always appreciated! Have a wonderful Holiday season!