“Loved the Purple Monkey” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 26 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Loved the Purple Monkey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Having a cheeseburger and Purple Monkey while in the Dells is a must.
I was seated quickly, waited on quickly an I was able to use the shutter to and from my Condo on the Lake

79% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good sportsbar atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were staying at the Kalahari and upon recommendation of a friend went to Monks for dinner. I went with my wife and 2 kids (9&14). All of us thought the food was good and reasonably priced. Kids had burgers, my wife had a wrap and I had a salad. We would probably go again but it would't be our first choice.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Awesome for the second time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is our second time at Monks and our second time at the Dells. Whenever we go to the Dells, this is the first place my family asks to stop to eat. It really has a terrific sport's bar atmosphere. The first thing you'll notice is the outstanding customer service: smiling faces, upbeat, and happy to assist you. Then get ready for the great food. We loved the hot pretzel appetizer - we needed two orders for our table of 2 adults and 2 teens. Then came the burgers and hot sandwiches - always delicious. The kids liked the seasoned fries, while I loved the sweet potatoe fries. Great food and great service, consistently.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Great Food and Atmospher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We took the shuttle from Glacier Canyon to Monk's. We ate in the bar area and loved the atmosphere. Beer on tap was very reasonable and the server really knew the beers. Food was excellent. They also have a specials menu with seasonal food, check it out because it all looked very good. My husband had a burger and I had a wrap with sweet potatoes fries. Yum! Would certainly return.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went to Monks for the first time a year ago, and have been back 4 times since then. I make it a point to get to Monks whenever I'm in the Dells. I love the laid back atmosphere of this casual sports bar. Great food and tall beers. Can't beat it!

• Visited October 2012