“Food and Drink” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Food and Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Steaks were great, view was great and the view was outstanding. Food might have been a little pricier but I would rather spend $30.00 on a good meal than $5.00 on a bad one.

Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Secret Delicious Hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our family of five visited the Ishnala Supper Club and were met with friendly faces, an amazing setting, great service and truly outstanding food. We live in the suburbs of Chicago and have many choices in fine dining - dine out frequently - and would consider this supper club among the best! We can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2012
The Colony, Texas
“A great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was here for a work event and I am definitely coming back the next time I'm in town! We all started at the bar while they prepared our table. I love the bar layout along with the views of Mirror Lake while sitting at the bar. When we got seated, I decided to get the duck because it sounded good and it was one of the cheaper items on the menu at $28. Bargain hunters should just stay in the Dells and not bother coming out here. The duck was delicious and the dessert was pretty good as well. From what I remember, service was pretty good, although the server looked a bit stressed out. All things said and done, this was a great meal and a great place to take your spouse and get away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown Dells.

• Visited August 2012
Barrington, Illinois
“Since 1978”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The first time I went to Ishnala was with my grandparents in 1978. The restaurant was already 25 years old then.

I have been coming back to Ishnala sporadically throughout the years. I have taken my family there several times and I will continue to go there for as long as they are open or they bury me in the ground! I hope that my children continue the unwritten tradition and take their children there!

It's not the food alone, it is not Mirror lake alone, nor the trees growing thru the building or the nostalgia of the restaurant itself which has not been updated since 1953; it is all of it combined that puts this restaurant into a class by itself!

I have read some other people's review regarding nickle and diming people, and that maybe they (Ishnala) does not serve in a Morton's, Ruth Chris or Palm style where salad is tossed next to your table, but the quality of their food, the way it is prepared and how it is presented certainly rates at the same level as those other restaurants! To me the ambiance of Ishnala makes an experience that is far more satisfying than heading out to a chain steakhouse!

• Visited July 2012
“Ishnala on Mirror Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent food and atmosphere overlooking Mirror Lake. Open late May to late September. Banquet room available for special parties.

• Visited August 2012