“Amazing Atmosphere, Very Good Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Amazing Atmosphere, Very Good Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The facility is amazing. Walking toward the restaurant from the parking lot is like walking back in time 50 years.
The initial greeting by the host and hostess was friendly but, since this was our first visit, could have been a little more explicit about were to go while we waited for our table. We found the bar and had a very good brandy old fashioned while we waited.
The food was very good but slightly overpriced. Salads, steaks, and potatoes didnt dissappoint.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Worth Every Penny!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great food, service and atmosphere. This is located on scenic Mirror Lake, on the outskirts of the Dells. This was a great romantic dinner and was everything we heard about.!

• Visited October 2012
Lake Villa, Illinois, United States
“Bar tenders weigh them down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We visited here on our anniversary. Heard great things about it, and couldn't wait to have a great Prime Rib overlooking beautiful Mirror Lake. The place was busy and I think the clinging of silverware to plates with the sounds of people happily describing stories added to the great atmosphere. We had about a 20 minute wait for a table, so we decided to take a seat at the bar till it was ready. We couldn't be any more displeased with the bar staff. One guy cared less that we were there, and ne'er confirmed what I had ordered (I changed my wife's order and he acted as if he did not hear) i repeated the order 3 times without acknowledgement and he walked away and minutes later dropped our drinks off without a word. Later we asked the other bar tender who seemed new for advice, and he was nice just not up to speed with the traffic in the bar. Our food was delicious. The Prime Rib I ordered was possibly cooked a little longer than I wanted (I love to have them rare, almost barely cooked at all) but the taste and quality of the meat was so that I couldn't care less. So delicious.

All in all this is a great place for great food and even better atmosphere. It is a must stop for anyone in the Dells area.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Go for the Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed near the Dells for my husband's birthday with another couple. They treated us at Ishnala for dinner. We both had seen promising reviews on Trip Advisor. The view was beautiful, and the restaurant was a nice supper club atmosphere, but the food was not anything special, considering the prices. I believe the menu is online. Service was good, not spectacular. I don't plan to return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

After watching the PBS episode "Wisconsin Supper Clubs",,, Ishnala was at the top of my list to try. We visited from Michigan on Sept 28th 2012 for our anniversary with another couple... It did not disappoint! The service was top notch... the food was scrumptious... We went on a Friday night... not too long of a wait. We had drinks on the outside deck overlooking the lake and the natural beauty was breathtaking.
We had such a great time... we returned the very next evening and tried another entree...
Each of us had something different... all cooked to perfection... No rushing to eat... a very relaxing evening, in a beautiful setting....
This is a hidden treasure.... I hope to visit again soon!!!!!

• Visited September 2012