“Worth Every Penny!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 25 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Worth Every Penny!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great food, service and atmosphere. This is located on scenic Mirror Lake, on the outskirts of the Dells. This was a great romantic dinner and was everything we heard about.!

88% Recommend
Lake Villa, Illinois, United States
“Bar tenders weigh them down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We visited here on our anniversary. Heard great things about it, and couldn't wait to have a great Prime Rib overlooking beautiful Mirror Lake. The place was busy and I think the clinging of silverware to plates with the sounds of people happily describing stories added to the great atmosphere. We had about a 20 minute wait for a table, so we decided to take a seat at the bar till it was ready. We couldn't be any more displeased with the bar staff. One guy cared less that we were there, and ne'er confirmed what I had ordered (I changed my wife's order and he acted as if he did not hear) i repeated the order 3 times without acknowledgement and he walked away and minutes later dropped our drinks off without a word. Later we asked the other bar tender who seemed new for advice, and he was nice just not up to speed with the traffic in the bar. Our food was delicious. The Prime Rib I ordered was possibly cooked a little longer than I wanted (I love to have them rare, almost barely cooked at all) but the taste and quality of the meat was so that I couldn't care less. So delicious.

All in all this is a great place for great food and even better atmosphere. It is a must stop for anyone in the Dells area.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Go for the Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed near the Dells for my husband's birthday with another couple. They treated us at Ishnala for dinner. We both had seen promising reviews on Trip Advisor. The view was beautiful, and the restaurant was a nice supper club atmosphere, but the food was not anything special, considering the prices. I believe the menu is online. Service was good, not spectacular. I don't plan to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

After watching the PBS episode "Wisconsin Supper Clubs",,, Ishnala was at the top of my list to try. We visited from Michigan on Sept 28th 2012 for our anniversary with another couple... It did not disappoint! The service was top notch... the food was scrumptious... We went on a Friday night... not too long of a wait. We had drinks on the outside deck overlooking the lake and the natural beauty was breathtaking.
We had such a great time... we returned the very next evening and tried another entree...
Each of us had something different... all cooked to perfection... No rushing to eat... a very relaxing evening, in a beautiful setting....
This is a hidden treasure.... I hope to visit again soon!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin Rapids
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went on the recomendation of an associate as my husband and I were going to be camping at nearby Mirror Lake State Park. What a hidden gem! Have dined in restaurants from West to East Coast, including Paula Deen's infamous Lady and Sons, and the food and atmosphere was by far the best we have ever had. It was pricey, but we both agreed that it was well worth the money spent. Can't wait to go back next year.