“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Port Orange, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

A wonderful meal, but not cheap. Our waitress was so friendly and always there when we seemed to need her. It is a great place for a special occassion or just a romantic dinner. Will return over and over and over again. By the way we have been going there for over 40 years.

Visited September 2012

Pulaski, Wisconsin
“Truly Spectacular!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After watching a documentary on Wisconsin supper clubs that featured Ishnala, my husband and I knew we had to try this place someday. When it turned out that we'd be spending an anniversary weekend only an hour down the road, we knew the time was upon us.

I was a little skeptical after seeing their meal prices on line. (NOTE: their website prices aren't accurate, the meal prices have increased a little.) Could the food, service, and atmosphere really we worth it? I hoped so.

As we set out we tried finding it with the GPS. Don't bother it doesn't come up. We still found it with no problems.

As we turned into the driveway and started driving down the road our excitement only increased. How quaint this was going to be since it was so far off the beaten path. How pretty the road was with the fall colors. Once we arrived in the parking lot, we couldn't get over how beautiful everything was. The parking lot was clean, and the lawn was nicely manicured.

We went after Labor day and arrived a little after 3 p.m. on a Saturday. We were hoping this would mean we wouldn't have the long wait that others talked about. The bar was open, but they didn't start serving meals until 4 p.m. We were fine with that. We wanted to take in the view and check out the decor a little more.

When we came in the door I was really struck by the rustic. There place really was built around trees. It was so cool. I told the hostess we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and asked if we could have the "special table." Off to the bar we were. Previous posters commented about the rude bartenders at the Arrowhead bar, we didn't find this to be the case at all. Our bartender was talkative and attentive.

A little after 4 they called us to our table, and guess what, we got the special table! I understand why this is the most requested table in the place. It's a panoramic view of the lake. And it was a litte further away from the other tables. WOW!

Our waitress was awesome! Again, previous posters commented on terrible waitstaff, Christine was FANTASTIC! She was right there with everything. Checking in at all the right times and making meal recommendations. We loved the cheese and crackers they brought out. It really took both my husband and I back to the supper clubs we remember from our childhood.

Our meals WERE absolutely worth the price! My husband had the prime rib and prawn. He said the prime rib was so good, he wanted to eat the gristle. I had the beef medallions and they were melt in your mouth yummy. The portions were nice sized and served piping hot. We passed on dessert because we wanted after dinner drinks instead.

Overall, our experience was among the best restaurant meals we've ever had (and we've eaten in many restaraunts) so I know good and bad service. You won't be sorry if you go! I'm trying to create a special holiday so we can go back next year.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gwinn, Michigan
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Loved this little cabin perched above the water. The supper club was amazing! Went on a weekend night and had to wait a few minutes but I would of gladly waited longer if need be! Absolutely delicious! I enjoyed the complimentary cracker basket with cheese spread. We had duck strips and escargot as an appetizer and both we absolutely delicious! Our entrees were all fantastic and I have to say the lobster tail I had there was the best I have ever had!

Visited August 2012
Round Lake, Illinois
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

If your looking for that little up scale place this truly is the location. Located off of the Mirror Lake.. trees growing through the place... that nice old fashion place... as it all. Atmosphere the tops nestled in a wooded area & nice view of Mirror Lake. Filets are great and martinis the best.... wait to you see the dessert tray wow!... They do start u out with this nice cheese spread that is made by them... Good...... My hubby has visited this place since he was about 9.... have brought our children and grand children here they love it....just one of those traditions you gotta love....

Visited September 2012
U.S.A.
“Was Great....not so much now!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was our favorite restaurant in the Dells for many years.....every big event was celebrated at this restaurant. This time my wife and I were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We told them this and they promptly placed us in a corner of the restuarant next to the waitress station. The resturant was not full (a Thursday evening around 7:30 pm). There were many better tables for this special night. This was not a good start and it went down hill from there. Our waitress was a very young girl with a very dirty outfit that looked as if she had earlier been cleaning dishes in it. Not very appetizing. I am not very particular but this was unacceptably noticable. We told her this was our 25th Anniversary....she seemed unimpressed and seemed to be bothered by our presence at her table. She seemed to want to rush us through ordering as we had to tell her to give us a minute with the menu over three times in 5-8 minutes. She did not get the hint that we were not ready to order. We finally gave up and ordered for her and our meal was overly "sauced" to cover poor quality and was so salty that neither of us finished the meal.

Prior to dessert we again struck up a conversation with our waitress and told her of the special occasion and she finally told us that they do not do anything special for anniversary or birthday guests. We paid and upon getting up from our table promptly ran into another waitress bringing a birthday dessert with candles to another table near ours.....we fumed and left. We will not be back.

• Visited September 2012