“Nice, Creative Meal: Pushy Waitress” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Nice, Creative Meal: Pushy Waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant is nice and clean. The meals were creative and very tasty. I am pleased they cater to those needing gluten free options.

The beer prices were impressively low but were countered by the impressively high wine cost. The meal prices seem to be out of touch with the local economy but not high compared to what I am used to in other cities and countries.

The hanging panels between the tables drove me crazy but my dining partners actually enjoyed them. They made me feel closed in because seat backs were to high to see outside.

We were having lengthy conversations and the waitress seemed to interfere with them pushing us to order. I would have preferred to order on my time schedule. I will counter that by saying she was very knowledgeable about the menu (especially the gluten free stuff) and she was very nice.

Overall, I enjoyed our evening there and will return. I gave it a 4 because of the wine prices, the hanging wall panels, and the pushy part of the waitress. The food was a 5.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Eugene, Missouri
“High eand, great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

While visiting, met friends for drinks and dinner. Overpriced, great for an anniversary dinner. Delicious steak. Found the service very slow and not impressive for the cuisine. No really family friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Relaxed elegance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have never had a bad meal at "Kate's". The same quality, fresh food and layered tastes as the original restaurant but now with more room and the ability to enjoy upscale casual atmosphere. Excellent service and quiet enough to enjoy good conversation with guests. LaCrosse NEEDS "Kate's".

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Navarre, Florida
“Lighter Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were looking for a light lunch and found it, sort of. My wife had a turkey sandwich which had coleslaw on top along with a cranberry and orange relish on cranberry bread. It was a decent sized sandwich and she took part home. I had the chicken caesar wrap and devoured the whole thing (slowly of course). There were fries and a pickle with each dish. The server misunderstood my drink order and brought a glass of lemonade instead of water with lemon which was quickly remedied. An extra glass provided to cut the lemonade's sweetness (I'm a diabetic). No charge on the bill. Atmosphere was eclectic. They seemed to make a small space feel very welcoming. As mentioned, excellent server, willing to engage us tourists and help us find a couple other places we weren't familiar with. Good experience. If in the area we will come back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Really great crab cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The crab cakes are not cheap. $9 for lunch but sometimes it's worthy paying more if something is exceptional. Second best cakes, best were Barb Jeans in Jacksonville, Florida. I plan to come back and get them again.

• Visited July 2013