“All-in-One” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Alford, Florida
“All-in-One”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Decent room. Inner, covered court with kiddie pools, lounge chairs. Restaurant/ Bar. Room of restaurant is set aside for B.W. breakfast. And what a breakfast it is! Every imaginable variety of Jimmy Dean pre-wrapped breakfast sandwich, French toast sticks, good selection of fresh pastries and bagels, good, hot coffee, plus all the usual cereals. Beautiful dining room. Take a walk out back to the river.

Room Tip: Entrance canopy remodel should be finished by now.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was thankful I got this for a cheap rate on Priceline, otherwise, I would have been disappointed. My first impression wasn't great because there was no elevator, and the hallway from the lobby to the rooms/pool area smelled pretty weird.

The room itself was really big, however, it smelled moldy and the bathroom was filthy. The toilet seat had not been cleaned (YUCK!) and there was moldy, dirty grout everywhere.

My other issue was that my room opened up to the pool area. It was really loud until 10pm, when it closed. Then I discovered that the walls are paper thin and I heard my neighbors all night long.

The location of the hotel was good - it was only a 5 minute drive to downtown La Crosse. The staff was very friendly too, but those were the only positive points about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
bwplulacrossewi, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the weird smell you reported in the Room, Lobby and Pool area and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Staff was informed of the nice comments you made about them and received our commendation.

• Management and desk staff was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
CRYSTAL LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading the reviews, we hesitantly booked this hotel; the price couldn't be beat. It was easy to find, newly remodeled, and our room was very comfortable. Everything in the hotel and in our room was clean and working, The bedding was "luxurious", making our sleep very restful. I really liked that they have Adult Swim times - no kids/teens alllowed!! Breakfast was standard; coffee great. Most staff very pleasant; front desk very busy! This hotel is on the Black River not the Mississippi, though.

Room Tip: river view or pool side; we had parking lot, but could see the river
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Katie at the front desk was wonderful!
The rooms are large. It's a mix of new and old. The bed and bedding are in need of change!
Surfaces on the nightstands and desk were not clean, smudge marks all over them.
Great pool area with small water park! Great for the kids.
With 10 years of hotel use I would rate this hotel worthwhile at 69 or $79 a night.

• Stayed July 2013
Kalamazoo,Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here one night. The hotel is dated, but has an incredible setting on the River. The room was comfortable and clean, but you can tell its an older hotel and has a slight musty smell throughout it. The staff was wonderful. We got a room with a jacuzzi tub in it, which was really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
marshfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My abbility to use stairs is limited due to military service. I checked in and found the hotel to have no elevator, I asked for a new room and clerk said sorry and have a good night. I checked out the next day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The beds are thread bare, uncomfortable and the blankets are as thin as sheets. When I reserved they didn't warn us about all the additional charges, but required us to give a credit card for any incidentals. I thought I was fine since I had prepaid for the room. I was very wrong. Buyer beware. If you are thinking about going to the pool, you will be required to pay to go in. If you have any guests visit you, for less than 2 hours be prepared to pay.

The location is great, the views of the river is beautiful. I had a pool side room with two beds, to my surprise they are only full size. The price is average during the week, so I can't comment on the weekends.

Room Tip: if you want large comfortable beds, do not stay here. If you want fun kids play areas, and do not re...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Blanket in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its replacement.

• Management was approached about providing information about the additional charges to all our valued guests.

Hotel Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Riverfront Hotel? Share your experiences!