“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Welch Motel

Welch Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Crosse
Welch Motel
You added Welch Motel to your Saves list
3643 Mormon Coulee Rd, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in La Crosse
Gaylord, Michigan
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in a small one bed room for 3 weeks while working in the area. The room was very clean from the start and kept that way by the excellent staff each day during my stay. I have stayed in many places, including pricey hotels in large cities and resorts. This room was as clean and fresh smelling as any I have been in. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Selected this place based on TA reviews. We had a 2-bed room. Small, old, mom and pop-ish. Room clean. Grounds are so-so. Some deferred maintenance. No common hallways or lobby, so no place to escape in middle of night. All rooms open to outdoors. Resident owner friendly and helpful. Comfy beds for us. Not so for our friends a few doors away. They complained of bug bites, but do not seem to have become infested with bedbugs. We had no problem. We stayed on a busy fall weekend and the price was jacked up or inflated beyond that quoted. "These weekends are where we make our money."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus Junction, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Probably the cleanest, freshest smelling motel room we have stayed at in years. The bed was most comfortable, which gave us an excellent night's sleep. Room rate was probably the lowest senior rate in town. The staff was so obliging and friendly.
Will definitely stay at the Welch Motel, the next time we return to La Crosse.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sundance Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are always a little concerned when motels have a lower price. Reminds me of a 1950's motel but updated. The rooms are very clean and I felt very safe in this area. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff is friendly, the rooms are very clean and comfortable,it is as close as you need to be to downtown, the university, the state park, shopping, etc. Why spend twice as much money somewhere else? I will definitely stay there again when I am back in town. Perfect at half the price.Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We rented 2 nonsmoking rooms, but one of them had clearly been a smoker's room. Unfortunately, there were no vacancies so switching rooms was not an option. Other than the difficulty breathing, the rooms were fine. The bathrooms were in good condition, and the rooms neat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

First Impression: I usually stay at a downtown hotel but decided to venture into the interior of La Crosse. In short, I am happy that I did. The Welch Motel is located off of a busy highways 14 61 35. However, once inside it feels very warm and inviting. The motel is updated.

Staff: I was greeted by an enthusiastic young man upon check-in. It appeared that he really enjoyed his job, which made for a fun check-in. Everyone I encountered at the motel was very nice!

Room: My room was beautiful. Very clean and well put together. I was apprehensive about staying at a lower star motel but gave it a chance because of all of the reviews I had seen.

Location: The motel is conveniently located near an array of restaurants, mall, gas stations, and grocery stores all of which are within a 1 to 5 minute drive. Walgreens appeared to be within walking distance. The property is within a 10 minute drive to tourist attractions like State Park and Granddad Bluff.

I highly recommend this motel and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple