“Never Again” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife ordered chicken that was dry and tasted old. I had a burger that was flavor less and chili that did not look or taste like chili. Never going back.

Visited January 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HoughtonsB, Manager at Houghtons' Fine Food-Cocktails, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
We apologize for your experience at our restaurant, and the delay in our response to your comments. Our management, menu and staff have changed as of Aug. 1st. If you would like to give us another shot we would be happy to pick up the tab for you and your wife. Thanks, -management.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“great food, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped in for lunch, large selection, had a wonderful walleye sandwich and my friend had a large turkey dinner. Waitress was very good and attentive. Definitely will recommend this place!

Visited March 2013
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Open for Business!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This nice restauraunt is NOT closed due to fire damage as your listing states. From what I am told there was af rie there seven years ago! Beautiful bar... It is a great place for a Friday night fish-fry! Garlic Smashed potatoes were great!
If any complaint, I'd say the servers were not dressed very nice. A litttle grungy for such a nice place. Maybe we had the dishwasher, I don't know, but for a server to put entrees on the table, he was not dressed nice enough.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I frequently go to Houghton's for fish and it is pretty good for La Crosse. I love their tartar sauce!! Their chicken dumpling soup is always good, but I disagree with the menu when it says that their soup and salad bar is a "meal in itself." The salad bar is nothing to brag about. Not many fixings for a big salad. Their pizza is also very good! I also like their BLT's.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Crescent, Minnesota
“Best fish in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Love their fish dinner and the best part is you can have it every night not just on friday's!! Best chicken dumpling soup on the salad bar that comes with any entree. Lots of food, good quality and good prices!!

• Visited October 2012