“Pleasent stay !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
McFarland, Wisconsin
“Pleasent stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I do travel a lot and in all these years you learn , you do get what you paid for . This was Econo Stay -nothing fancy , but again I didn't expect it. Room was very clean and for me the most importante -bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was nice with choice of breads, cereal and fruits -which was all I needed on the side of my coffee in the morning. Hot tub open 24 hours and pleasent front desk people. Was there anything that could be better? Yes- I would probable enjoy flat screen T.V. and some updates threwout this establishment but again that would probable raise the price per night and I really like what did I got for my money here. I do like to splurge some times but this works for me very well. Clean , nice ,pleasent people and nice price! .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed in Econo Lodge in the middle of July since our family stayed in Best western across the street. We couldn't book Friday night so we took the same in Econo and had 2 other nights with our family. We never switched ! It was so much cheaper and comparing what they had it didn't make sense for us to leave this one. In my case the winner in the decision was 24 hours open hut tub. I never stayed in the motel that they had this and you learn to appreciate this. ( some of my family came along with me after long night and staff was so nice- gave them towels and kept making jokes along with me how we are so much better since some quest are sneaking in the middle of the night -just to be with us).
We all have been very satisfied and we have been recommending this place to everyone. Clean rooms , happy , pleasant staff (my kids loved breakfast lady -aunt Sue- who was keeping order in the morning ). We got to meet the owner , nice guy-came buy very often and was very concerned if everything was OK. My wife loved it to but had a comment that they could use updating for lobby furniture, but loved the oil painting in the hallways. We will make sure to stay in this motel if we come back in La Crosse . Very nice!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I ended up La Crosse with no time to make a reservation. and it came up much better for my packet. The front desk lady was nice to point out all the discounts that I could use and I was pretty impressed -this days you have to pull out the information and if you don't ask -it's not given. There was 5 bucks of the price because I walked threw the door w/o reservation ,on the top of my AAA discount.
Clean room, very good and pleasent staff , breakfast w lot of choices in bread , cereal and wafle maker. I sure had a lot of nice things to say as I was checking out. Very nice stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

All I needed was a clean place to sleep. My usual hotel was unavailable so I went across the street to the EconoLodge. I thought it was odd that I needed to pay for my room upfront, but it was already 9pm and I was ready for a quick dinner and bed. I went to my room and sat on a chair to eat my dinner. Two bites into my sandwich, I felt something crawling on my leg. I looked down and saw small black bugs on my ankles. I squashed them and thought nothing of it. Unfortunately, these bugs were not alone. Over the next five minutes, I had to repeatedly kill the bugs that were working their way from my ankles to my knees. This is when I realized the bugs were coming from the floor of my hotel room. I immediately grabbed my suitcase and went to the front desk. I relayed my story to the clerk and showed her the bugs I was still removing from my legs. Since she did not seem surprised, I have to wonder how many times this has happened before. Thankfully, she gave me a prompt refund.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at perhaps ever.
Very loud. The beds are almost on the floor and the comfort of sleeping on a price of plywood
worst of all though when I cplained about the noise, tattoo mullet man at the desk first told me there was nothing he could do, then stopped answering my calls altogether.
I called the next morning to speak to the general manager who again initially refused to call me back, then told mr there wad nothing he could do
Inexcusable. I would rather sleep in my car than stay at a place with customer service like that

• Stayed July 2010
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I booked this hotel last minute over the internet. We arrived around 5 pm and received our room within minutes. We were helped by Shon. He was very attentive to all of our questions. He mapquest'd our route to a nearby restuarant, gave us warm cookies he had just baked, and when we jokingly said that milk would be nice to dunk our cookies in, he brought us 2 glasses of milk...WOW, that IS GREAT customer service!

Whoever wrote a bad review about this hotel must be nuts. You can't beat the price. I tried looking for faults in and around the hotel but found none. The room was clean, contained a frig. and the bathroom was nicely stocked.

The hotel is near restuarants and gas stations.

A waffle maker was available for breakfast and the attendant kept breakfast items stocked and tables clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

This place is terrible. Just do yourself a favor and go on to the next listing.
I checked in at about 10:30 and about 11:00 PM the noise in the hall was way beyond what anyone could sleep in.
I called the desk and told them to do something. He said he was too busy.
I called back shortly and said if he didn't do something I would call the police. He said "Go ahead, they won't do anything either"
I finally left and went to a hotel down the street. Very nice place. (There are a ton of hotels up and down that street)
I called the next day to talk to the manager and he said I could not get even a partial refund and that was it.
I originally billed it through HotWire and the charge cleared and a day later the Econo Lodge charged me again.
I called HotWire and they called the hotel who denied that they had charged me again.
I finally had to send banking records to prove they tried to charge me twice for the same 90 minutes I spent there!

Don't even consider it!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge La Crosse? Share your experiences!