“Clean room, awesome bed - a great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1830 Rose Street, La Crosse, WI 54603 (Formerly Brookstone Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Riverside, Iowa, United States
“Clean room, awesome bed - a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My wife and I stayed only 1 night and had a great stay. Front desk staff was freindly and accommodating. Bed was very nice. We wanted to take it with us, but thought they might notice it missing! Breakfast Sunday morning was good - scrambled eggs, baked goods, waffle maker, sausage and hashbrowns. We went pretty close to the end of serving and the hot food wasn't very hot. OK but only warm. Overall, I'd recommend this as a place to stay in La Crosse.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The first room the staff gave me was dirty. As in not cleaned at all. The second room had the wall paper peeling off even though the hotel was advertised as freshly renovated. Pick another place to stay. There are much nice hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2015
Mauston, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a 3 day weekend. The rooms were just updated and had that fresh smell. there is a nice selection for a complimentary breakfast, which was a big hit for me. The rooms are quiet and the beds were comfortable. There is a nice pool area for family fun or just relaxing. The front desk was very polite and actually took the time to make sure our taxi came in an orderly fashion for us. It was just simply perfect for the money and amenities that come along with it. I will stay here again and look forward to it!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Bagley, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Front desk was helpful and friendly, chatting for awhile, laughing and joking around. Asked how to get to different locations in LaCrosse. She was very helpful and knew the area very well. Lobby area was very clean and setup nicely. My husband and I stayed in a two queen room and it was very clean and set up nicely. Went swimming and used hot tub, everything in pool area was nice and clean. Pool was in a nice location, close to lobby and could see activities going on outside. Beds were really nice, slept well, mattresses must be new or just well kept, no sagging or lumbs, nice and firm. After a good nights sleep, went down for breakfast. They had a good varity to choose from, eggs, sausage,potatoes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, rolls, 3 different kinds of breads, danishes and more. Believe me, I had to try everything!!!. My husband and I really enjoyed their breakfast.
When staying at a hotel, I expect to get good customer service, pleasant and clean environment, especially the room, and to enjoy my stay, and the Quality Inn in LaCrosse met those needs.
We will stay there in the future!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Easy access to hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Wow not what I expected from this hotel. After arriving in the early evening I was treated to a volley of drunks mistaking my room for theirs and banging on the door. This lasted till at least 1am and resulted in me sleeping with headphones in to drown out the noise out. Then when leaving the room I was treated to the smell of stale alcohol all the way to the elevator. Not nice at all.
It also says that they have truck parking. Where? The only place you could park a truck would be at the loading dock. No outlets anywhere for truck heaters anywhere I could see.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Worst customer service I have EVER experienced!!! Will never stay here and will make sure none of our local athletic teams ever stay here for the State of WI meet. We had booked a room ahead of time for 2 nights and when we arrived in La Crosse we had a change of plans that made it necessary for us to stay only 1 night. We went to the Quality Inn and explained that we needed to cancel 1 of our nights. Jessica, who I was later informed was the top employee of the front desk area, said due to an event that was going on in town this particular room had a 2 night minimum. We asked her if they had other rooms that didn't have a minimum stay requirement. She said yes. We asked her to cancel our 2 night room and switch us to a 1 night room since we had zero preference on what room we were in. She then proceeded to tell us that what we were trying to accomplish was "trickery". Yes, TRICKERY! I almost became speechless in shock. I then said forget it, we would rather stay somewhere else with better customer service so please just cancel our room that we had booked for 2 nights and we'll be on our way to a more pleasant hotel. My husband was already on the phone and booking us a room elsewhere in town. I had the reservation confirmation in our vehicle that states "you must cancel this reservation before 4pm local time on Friday 6/6/14" which was the first night of our reservation. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. Jessica informed me that it was too late to cancel and we would have to pay for it regardless of if we stayed or not. I immediately asked to speak to a manager. She said Jeff the manager would not be in until after 4. I said that would be too late according to your paperwork, please call him. She called him and then went into a different room so we couldn't hear what she was saying. She returned and asked to see our paperwork that states it could be cancelled before 4pm. It was pouring rain outside and so I said "it's in the car, do you not have standard cancellation procedures to follow so we don't have to run out in the pouring rain?" She said she absolutely needed the paperwork per her manager, Jeff, and wouldn't do anything without it. So I asked for an umbrella. She said no. I went out to the car, grabbed the paperwork, verified I had read it correctly and brought it back into the lobby of the hotel. She said "never mind, we'll just cancel it for you". I said 'never mind what!?! I'm already back?!? Do you not need this paperwork after all that?" She said "nope, it's cancelled". I asked for a printed cancellation figuring this wasn't going to end well and after some huffing and puffing she gave it to me and we left. I was completely appalled and offended that she would treat a customer, or anyone for that matter, in such a rude, disgusting way. If that's their top employee in that area I think it's a huge blessing that we ended up not staying there as I'm sure we would have been unhappy in all areas of the establishment. Don't stand for this uncalled for behavior, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Accommodation outstanding, professional staff, very good variety of food for breakfast, very cozy and clean rooms... Can't wait for the next annual sisters weekend and we defiantly will recommend and come back to Quality Inn

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!