“Drunks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1830 Rose Street, La Crosse, WI 54603 (Formerly Brookstone Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
“Drunks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wow not what I expected from this hotel. After arriving in the early evening I was treated to a volley of drunks mistaking my room for theirs and banging on the door. This lasted till at least 1am and resulted in me sleeping with headphones in to drown out the noise out. Then when leaving the room I was treated to the smell of stale alcohol all the way to the elevator. Not nice at all.
It also says that they have truck parking. Where? The only place you could park a truck would be at the loading dock. No outlets anywhere for truck heaters anywhere I could see.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Worst customer service I have EVER experienced!!! Will never stay here and will make sure none of our local athletic teams ever stay here for the State of WI meet. We had booked a room ahead of time for 2 nights and when we arrived in La Crosse we had a change of plans that made it necessary for us to stay only 1 night. We went to the Quality Inn and explained that we needed to cancel 1 of our nights. Jessica, who I was later informed was the top employee of the front desk area, said due to an event that was going on in town this particular room had a 2 night minimum. We asked her if they had other rooms that didn't have a minimum stay requirement. She said yes. We asked her to cancel our 2 night room and switch us to a 1 night room since we had zero preference on what room we were in. She then proceeded to tell us that what we were trying to accomplish was "trickery". Yes, TRICKERY! I almost became speechless in shock. I then said forget it, we would rather stay somewhere else with better customer service so please just cancel our room that we had booked for 2 nights and we'll be on our way to a more pleasant hotel. My husband was already on the phone and booking us a room elsewhere in town. I had the reservation confirmation in our vehicle that states "you must cancel this reservation before 4pm local time on Friday 6/6/14" which was the first night of our reservation. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. Jessica informed me that it was too late to cancel and we would have to pay for it regardless of if we stayed or not. I immediately asked to speak to a manager. She said Jeff the manager would not be in until after 4. I said that would be too late according to your paperwork, please call him. She called him and then went into a different room so we couldn't hear what she was saying. She returned and asked to see our paperwork that states it could be cancelled before 4pm. It was pouring rain outside and so I said "it's in the car, do you not have standard cancellation procedures to follow so we don't have to run out in the pouring rain?" She said she absolutely needed the paperwork per her manager, Jeff, and wouldn't do anything without it. So I asked for an umbrella. She said no. I went out to the car, grabbed the paperwork, verified I had read it correctly and brought it back into the lobby of the hotel. She said "never mind, we'll just cancel it for you". I said 'never mind what!?! I'm already back?!? Do you not need this paperwork after all that?" She said "nope, it's cancelled". I asked for a printed cancellation figuring this wasn't going to end well and after some huffing and puffing she gave it to me and we left. I was completely appalled and offended that she would treat a customer, or anyone for that matter, in such a rude, disgusting way. If that's their top employee in that area I think it's a huge blessing that we ended up not staying there as I'm sure we would have been unhappy in all areas of the establishment. Don't stand for this uncalled for behavior, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Accommodation outstanding, professional staff, very good variety of food for breakfast, very cozy and clean rooms... Can't wait for the next annual sisters weekend and we defiantly will recommend and come back to Quality Inn

• Stayed August 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I will admit that the room was smaller than I thought (were in a double bed), but I would stay there again simply for the service and the atmosphere! The front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The room, was clean and newly renovated, the pool was pristine and did not have that overwhelming chlorine smell that makes your eyes water! The breakfast was your typical hotel venue but was very well done and cleaner than I have ever seen! At night they have a nacho bar and maybe it was just the friendly WI people, but I was nice to snack and talk with other guests!

If you are not native to La Crosse they have a great map that lights us the place you are interested in seeing, whether it is a restaurant, bar, shopping or museum/historical place. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a good place to lay their head!

Manager Jeff was fabulous and even let me put fresh flowers in the room ahead of time as this was a special night out with my husband!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was my stop on a long journey back home. All I wanted was a safe and clean place to lay my head. The arrival and check in was fine. The hotel is very easy to find and the front desk staff was pleasant. I was especially excited to see the sign that stated they were recently renovated.
The door to our room doesn't automatically shut behind you upon entering the room. Traveling with my two kids by ourselves puts security at my highest priority. Most hotels I stay in have guestroom doors that shut behind you as you enter the room. The deadbolt worked on the door handle but the security chain was broken.
We were given another room adjacent to the original room. Upon entering this room, the TV was on, the bed looked like someone had been sitting on it and to top it off, the chain lock on this door was completely missing!!
Finally, the third room was at least in working order to lay our heads down and get some sleep.
Now to the hallway. We were on the third floor. The doorway leading to the stairwell was crooked and you could see gaping holes between the door and the door jam. This door doesn't shut on its own either. How does this hotel pass fire inspections?
Breakfast the next morning was a typical breakfast - nothing special - not that I expected it to be anyway.
I'd post pictures but the site is not letting me...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luxemburg, Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We needed 7 rooms and called the day we needed them. Luckily Quality Inn had room for us and at a reasonable price. Check in went smoothly. The gal at the front desk was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction for a river boat cruise and even printed a map for us to get there. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfy. Breakfast was very good with a variety of hot food, cold food, fruit, yogurt, etc. Would stay again. We walked across the road to the bar for cocktails, and that place was very nice too. Some of our group ate at Edwardo's and said it was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Nyssa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were SO impressed with this hotel, until....... I pulled back the bed spread! Ehhhhh!!!
This wasn't just ANY stain! (Ladies?!?!?!? Really??????)
just about lost my dinner. I know mistakes happen, but there is NO WAY the maid didn't see this!! I was hopping to speak to the hotel manager/owner before I wrote this review. But I couldn't find any way to contact you.........my review would have been a 5 for sure! Until this! Ehhhhhh honestly, if we weren't so tired, we would have forfeited our room and left. Angle was super sweet and even grossed out for us! And moved us to another room right away. But in my opinion, your maid should be fired for this. No excuse! Just plan disgusting! This sheet should have been burned!!!!
We did pre pay, so I'm expecting I won't get any compensation. But I'm incredibly disappointed. And it basically ruined our night.
Please, travelers...... Don't take this review as a reason not to stay here. It's a great place!! Just check your sheets before you slip in. And to the manager- Find out who's responsible for this, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!