“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1830 Rose Street, La Crosse, WI 54603 (Formerly Brookstone Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I will admit that the room was smaller than I thought (were in a double bed), but I would stay there again simply for the service and the atmosphere! The front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The room, was clean and newly renovated, the pool was pristine and did not have that overwhelming chlorine smell that makes your eyes water! The breakfast was your typical hotel venue but was very well done and cleaner than I have ever seen! At night they have a nacho bar and maybe it was just the friendly WI people, but I was nice to snack and talk with other guests!

If you are not native to La Crosse they have a great map that lights us the place you are interested in seeing, whether it is a restaurant, bar, shopping or museum/historical place. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a good place to lay their head!

Manager Jeff was fabulous and even let me put fresh flowers in the room ahead of time as this was a special night out with my husband!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my stop on a long journey back home. All I wanted was a safe and clean place to lay my head. The arrival and check in was fine. The hotel is very easy to find and the front desk staff was pleasant. I was especially excited to see the sign that stated they were recently renovated.
The door to our room doesn't automatically shut behind you upon entering the room. Traveling with my two kids by ourselves puts security at my highest priority. Most hotels I stay in have guestroom doors that shut behind you as you enter the room. The deadbolt worked on the door handle but the security chain was broken.
We were given another room adjacent to the original room. Upon entering this room, the TV was on, the bed looked like someone had been sitting on it and to top it off, the chain lock on this door was completely missing!!
Finally, the third room was at least in working order to lay our heads down and get some sleep.
Now to the hallway. We were on the third floor. The doorway leading to the stairwell was crooked and you could see gaping holes between the door and the door jam. This door doesn't shut on its own either. How does this hotel pass fire inspections?
Breakfast the next morning was a typical breakfast - nothing special - not that I expected it to be anyway.
I'd post pictures but the site is not letting me...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luxemburg, Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We needed 7 rooms and called the day we needed them. Luckily Quality Inn had room for us and at a reasonable price. Check in went smoothly. The gal at the front desk was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction for a river boat cruise and even printed a map for us to get there. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfy. Breakfast was very good with a variety of hot food, cold food, fruit, yogurt, etc. Would stay again. We walked across the road to the bar for cocktails, and that place was very nice too. Some of our group ate at Edwardo's and said it was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Nyssa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were SO impressed with this hotel, until....... I pulled back the bed spread! Ehhhhh!!!
This wasn't just ANY stain! (Ladies?!?!?!? Really??????)
just about lost my dinner. I know mistakes happen, but there is NO WAY the maid didn't see this!! I was hopping to speak to the hotel manager/owner before I wrote this review. But I couldn't find any way to contact you.........my review would have been a 5 for sure! Until this! Ehhhhhh honestly, if we weren't so tired, we would have forfeited our room and left. Angle was super sweet and even grossed out for us! And moved us to another room right away. But in my opinion, your maid should be fired for this. No excuse! Just plan disgusting! This sheet should have been burned!!!!
We did pre pay, so I'm expecting I won't get any compensation. But I'm incredibly disappointed. And it basically ruined our night.
Please, travelers...... Don't take this review as a reason not to stay here. It's a great place!! Just check your sheets before you slip in. And to the manager- Find out who's responsible for this, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Stayed August 2014
Minnetrista, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We spent one night here. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our issue was with the size of the room. I reserved it online with Choice.com and it was a reservation for a room that "sleeps 5, or 6 with an extra bed." We are 2 adults and 4 kids, and we often stay in different Quality Inns, so it didn't occur to me that there would be an issue with the number of beds in the room. We opened the door to our room and it was a very standard and nice looking room with 2 queen beds, and not a lot more room. We figured they must have given us the wrong room. I went back to the front desk and the gal there told me that all of their rooms were the same size. I asked what "5, or 6 with an extra bed means." She told me that meant a rollaway, but she wasn't sure if there was one available. She would check. I went back to the room and we started moving thing around to make room for the rollaway. When she arrived with the rollaway, my husband, too, questioned her as to what that meant--where was the 6th person to sleep? She said she didn't know and she'd never seen a reservation for six before. We asked for another rollaway, which was just laughable because there was no room for it in the small room. However, she managed to find one and after we were all in for the night, we squeezed it in the front hallway. It wasn't a fire hazard per se because we could all jump over the rollaway to get to the door, which could open without being blocked. But, it was not ideal. The breakfast was good and everything else worked well. But, it was a little bit stressful to start out our trip that way.

Room Tip: Get an confirmation on the exact beds that your people will be sleeping in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Streamwood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Half a mile from the interstate with a view of the river from our room. A decent place to stay for a night. The room was well maintained and clean. Good water pressure with an adjustable messaging shower head. They served hot breakfast (sausage biscuits and gravy, hash browns, sausage patties, make your own waffles, danish, yogurt, cereal). The coffee was very weak. This was a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Estherville, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently stayed for a night at this hotel on our way to the Dells and although it was a very nice hotel, we were put next to a "pet friendly" room. After hearing a "yipping" dog when we settled in, I asked the front-desk gal if she put us next to a pet-friendly room and, yes, she had. She then asked if I wanted her to move us and I said we'd be fine-and we were HOWEVER.....why not ask US if we would have any problems staying next to a pet-friendly room before making us sign off that we did NOT have a pet? The gal was very nice and appreciated her offer I just think the hotel should have a different plan in place for pet-friendly guests and non-pet-traveling guests.:)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!