“Always Delivers Excellence (almost)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
WISCONSIN
“Always Delivers Excellence (almost)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Know their business, above average

This trip two negatives:: Terrible bed, HELLO BACKACHE, wife,too. Could not open window, no fresh air+ crappy air= head ache. What gives with sealed windows?

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The hotel is right on the Mississippi, which gives it extra points and makes up for the so-so breakfast, which is $8 or $9, not free. The beds are comfortable (a big deal for us) and the room was reasonably quiet. We had two double beds, but were willing to sleep separately to gain the river view. There is a deck and grassy area just behind the hotel that is a few feet from the river and includes a gazebo - very nice for sitting with friends or working and watching the river traffic, especially the barges. The hotel has a bar that serves great margaritas (several flavors) as well as other drinks. Parking is free and the location is near Piggy's, where we ate an excellent breakfast the second day after the very average breakfast buffet at the hotel the first day. The staff works very hard to make your stay pleasant. In the hotel lobby you can get a good cup of coffee or a selection of teas, for free, which was a nice bonus. The price was too high (over $150 per night) because it was a popular weekend, but if you can negotiate a better price, I would recommend the Courtyard Marriott as long as you get your breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I travel all the time, all over the country. I enjoyed this motel and the location of the motel.

I was there for a fun evening and the location of the motel was great to enjoy all La Crosse has to offer.

The room is what you should expect from a Marriott property. The beds were fine, the rooms clean and comfortable.

You can't go wrong by staying here.

The only think I would have liked would have been a room over the river but there is only so many river view rooms.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

You will find the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good, albeit almost exactly the same day after day, so it gets a bit old if you are there for an extended stay. The rooms were nice and clean. I had a two double beds which I haven't seen is quite awhile, but the hotel was booked solid because of our groups and a convention in town. They have coffee available 24/7 and it is really good. No restaurant other than the buffet offerning, but Piggy's across the street offers room service and their food is reasonably priced and incredibly good. I really enjoyed the location next to the river. You can enjoy a lovely walk right outside the door. I was most impressed with their customer service. I highly reccomend.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Eau Claire, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott when my colleagues and I attended the Wisconsin Governor's Conference. Our accomodations were excellent at the hotel, and we had a fine stay (for the little bit of time spent in our rooms.)

After checking out and traveling back to the office, I received a call from the hotel that my watch was found in the room after I checked out. I truly appreciated that my watch was located and I was called about it. I have lost items at other hotels and called to locate them without success. The desk clerk indicated my watch would be sent to me, and I was surprised to find it arrived today. The desk clerk indicated it would take 5 days to get to me, and it arrived in only two.

I truly appreciate the customer service and follow-through of the Courtyard by Marriott in La Crosse. It was a great experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Courtyard_LSE_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the associates responsible for properly serving you at our hotel. They will be rewarded.

I too learned at the Governor's Conference some new tools in regards to Trip Advisor's travel site and are excited to put new learning's to use to better serve our future guests and Trip advisor viewers.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you come back to our facility in the future!

Warmest regards,

Amy Penchi
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Nice hotel and location on the Mississippi with a very nice staff at the front desk. However, the bathroom needed more thorough cleaning (gotta get around the edges, guys!)

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I stayed at this property for a business trip to La Crosse. My meetings were downtown, so I selected this hotel based on its location and because it was a Marriott.

I arrived at approximately midnight. Check-in was efficient. I had reserved a King room. For $189 a night, in La Crosse, I thought it was pricey. The room was oversized with a king bed and "two person" jetted tub. The tub was in the corner of the room (separate from the bathroom, which also had a shower/tub combination). The room also had a pull-out couch, desk, dresser, and small table with two chairs.

The bed was VERY comfortable. There was a sign on the bed that described "crisp sheets." The sheets were anything but crisp -- in fact I wondered if they had been changed since the last guest.

My room faced the street (rather than the river) as approximately half of the rooms appear to do. There were two windows, through which bright street lights showed. I struggled a bit with the curtains -- the sheers are on the inside!

The HVAC was provided by a window unit. It made intermittant rattling noises. I kicked it a couple of times and it stopped until I was able to fall asleep. I didn't complain because it was midnight.

In general, the room was clean, and the furniture and fixtures were average. It was consistent with what I would expect from a Courtyard. Nonetheless, the price was high. It may have been a supply/demand issue.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Address: 500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
Location: United States > Wisconsin > La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront 3*
The Newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse is perfectly located in Downtown La Crosse on the banks of the Mississippi River. Offering a fresh, vibrant and newly renovated everything. Featuring the new Bistro restaurant, 24 hour market, pool and whirlpool, free parking, internet and friendly staff. We welcome you to share all we have to offer with you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront Hotel
La Crosse Marriott
La Crosse Courtyard
Courtyard La Crosse Downtown

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.