“Nice location and well appointed Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Houston, Texas
“Nice location and well appointed Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while on a business trip to LaCrosse. This is a well appointed, very clean Courtyard that has been remodeled to the new Courtyard design.

The location is great since it is walking distance from several very good restaurants and the riverfront. There is a nice walking / jogging path from the hotel, through some gardens, and along the river.

Service was good and the Courtyard breakfast offerings were pretty standard.

The hotel is a bit pricey, however, so it's more of a business hotel than someplace I'd use on a vacation. So my choice of 4 stars is more due to the $150+/night pricing... it's just not worth the premium pricing to me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is in a great spot within downtown La Crosse, right on the river. If you ask for a river view I'm pretty sure you can get one for no extra cost. Looked to be recently renovated into the modern Courtyard style. Rooms are spacious and quiet and service was great. Walking distance to good food, running trails along the river, and bars in the historic downtown area. The only issue I have with Courtyard is their breakfast. The process of ordering off the menu or getting something to go takes longer than it should.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Van Horne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had stayed in a Courtyard the night before, so we decided to stick with the name we were familiar. We had to stay in the king with a sofa bed, instead of our preferred 2 queen room, as this was one of the only rooms left. The view from our room was really cool. We were right along the Mississippi and could see the bridge nearby. We watched a couple barges go by as well.
The king bed was comfortable, but the sofa bed was not. The kids liked that there were a few "noodles" available to use in the pool, too.
Overall, it was a decent night stay. Again, it's very nice to stay in a room where you don't hear every little thing that goes on in the hall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

For our 37th anniversary we visited Lacrosse for a few days. We had a great time in the city seeing the sights and we were more than satisfied with our river view room and service. We're on a budget, but everything was within our means. The views from the hotel patio were beautiful and it was nice watching the river traffic pass by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When checking in last weekend I was told right off the bat that the hotel was sold out. I was also told that since I was using Reward Points, there were no upgrades available. I was told the only room was across from a meeting room which was being used to store bikes and had numerous people going in and out and talking right outside the room. Plus the window was right next to the front door and the circle drive. Also in my profile, I always request a high floor. Why there was NO EFFORT to satisfy my reservation, I do not know.
When I complained, I was told the only other room I could have was wheelchair accessable. I gladly accepted as it was better than the worst room in the house they had me in before. However, the beds in those rooms are also not the normal Marriott beds and when I took a shower the entire bathroom floor got wet as there is not a normal shower. Just a hand shower in a tiled room with a plastic curtain.
I find it impossilble to believe that every room in the hotel was already take when I checked in at 4pm. Oh and did I say, I have been a Platinum Elite member for many years and spend 200+ nights on the road. This was by far the worst experiance I have had.
Don't expect much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry that your stay was less than expected. I can certainly understand the frustration of having simple requests that were not met. We do our very best to honor requests and to provide upgrades to our Elite guests whenever possible; however, sometimes despite our best efforts, it is simply not possible to meet the requests of all of our guests. I am sorry that we were not able to give you a higher floor room. At check-in, the front desk clerk was trying to convey that we would very much liked to have given you, a platinum guest with a rewards stay, a complimentary upgrade, but because we were sold out, we were unable to do so. I apologize that this was not communicated in an effective way and came off as sounding uncaring.

We would welcome any specific comments about the bed in the accessible room where you slept. These are the same beds that we have throughout our property, but if there is an issue with the bed that you slept on, we would certainly welcome the opportunity to have it corrected.

I apologize that the only rooms we had to offer you were a noisy first floor room and an accessible room with a walk in shower. Hopefully, you will allow us the oportunity on a future stay to prove to you how much we value our platinum guests.

the front office manager at the La Crosse, WI Courtyard by Marriott
Audubon, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

WE loved the outside seating and fire pit,they did shut lights and fire pit off and bar closed early for some weekend guests, It was nice to see boaters going on the river .Bar and morning breakfast not complementary, and some what limited and priced kind of high but very good. STARBUCKS COFFEE bar was great but price was too, AN option of eating downtown was offered by many of the businesses close to the hotel offered a nice verity of choices ,Piggy"s was a fine place for Dinner or breakfast,and drinks ,it is just a few steps away from the hotel.The staff was helpful and nice,The Hotel was not real large,and nice decorated,very new look.The bed was very confartable and room clean and nice,restroom was a little small.The room we had was more a mini suit street side.Air conditioner worked real well and very quiet.The mini frig only stayed on 2 hours but Ice could be used for our cooler

Room Tip: the rooms on the river side are said to be much larger but more money ,our room was very nice ,cooli...
Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had the pleasure to spend a night at this hotel - it was excellent!! The staff were very friendly, hotel was modern and in great condition, and our room was great. Very clean, and we were upgraded to a riverview room. I was very happy with pretty much everything! Only downside was the lineup for the Bistro (Starbucks) in the lobby - only one barista was working at the time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Address: 500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
Location: United States > Wisconsin > La Crosse
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront 3*
The Newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse is perfectly located in Downtown La Crosse on the banks of the Mississippi River. Offering a fresh, vibrant and newly renovated everything. Featuring the new Bistro restaurant, 24 hour market, pool and whirlpool, free parking, internet and friendly staff. We welcome you to share all we have to offer with you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront Hotel
La Crosse Marriott
La Crosse Courtyard
Courtyard La Crosse Downtown

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.