“Nice remodeled hotel, on the Riverfront” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice remodeled hotel, on the Riverfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

They did a nice job remodeling this hotel, taking good advantage of the scenery. The lobby features a huge window facing the Mississippi River. Very pleasant, clean and modern lobby, with free coffee in the morning and TVs showing news and weather. Also comfortable places to sit and just relax.

The staff allowed me an early check-in which was appreciated, because I think the hotel was pretty full. I would have liked a river view, but I got the early check-in, so you really can't ask for more than that! A few minor complaints... the room, although new looking and comfortable, was a bit musty and dark. The Bistro restaurants in Courtyards are just too expensive, but they are okay if you are low on time. There are several other restaurant choices in the area, including right across the street. Although there was construction right next to the hotel, I didn't hear a thing. This Courtyard is a good choice when staying in La Crosse!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We paid extra for a "river view". First of all, there is a big bridge blocking most of the view to our left. In front, there was a tree and to the right- construction. I know the construction is not the hotel's fault... though they were very loud Friday am. The room was big- we got a "larger room". Kids loved the pool but it was nothing special. Piggy's was very close but I would have preferred somewhere closer to the "action" like the Radisson or HI Express. Also room service never made the pull out bed and never replaced the shampoo. 4 days - 3 people- 1 shampoo. I didn't like that. I don't think we'll go back again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Amy P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Janelje,

Thank you for taking the time to post your responses about our hotel on Trip advisor and for giving us a try. It sounds like even though we are the closest hotel to the river and have private views, that the views weren't what you'd hoped for. The construction north of us will be completed this January making way for a brand new Performing Arts center and the bridges, are something we too, have no control over. Since I'm not certain what room you stayed in, I can only assume it was one closest to the north which is near the only tree blocking full river views on the west side of the building. Our southern wing is sold as "partial river view" and that is what we promise. We do not charge "extra" as you mentioned for those rooms.

Again, I'm sorry our hotel didn't live up to your expecations for the views. I'm glad your kids enjoyed the pool and it appears you enjoyed Piggy's across the street which is good to hear.

We brought up your issues with no replenishment of shampoos and like in our daily staff meeting today. This is not an issue normally and we typically replenish all amenities every day as well as make up the sofa bed so the room looks neat. I'm sorry these things didn't take place in your room. If you'd like to contact me directly to discuss further, I'll be happy to investigate and find out what associates worked in your area and why things weren't handled like they should have been.

Once again, I apologize our hotel didn't live up to your expectations. I'll be happy to remedy the things within our control. Thank you for making us aware so we can work on our shortcomings.

Kind Regards,

Amy Penchi
General Manager.
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived at 5pm and I needed to work for about 15 minutes on my laptop. The internet was out in our room so I tried to work from the lobby computer but it wouldn't save my document so that I could send it via email. The front desk workers were rude and unhelpful. They seemed bothered by our inconvenience and acted like it was our fault that our room wasn't connected. After 2 hours of trying I finally gave up so that we could go eat dinner. Will never go back to this place again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Shannon A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor and I'm sorry you were dissappointed with your stay at our hotel this past weekend and had such difficulty with the internet service. I will personally discuss your problem with the front desk staff on duty that night to find out what issues you had and how they could have been more proactive to rectify them. We have both wired and wireless functionality in every guest room and you don't need a password to get on our network so I'm not really sure why the problem occurred.
I do know that a discount was immediately applied because you were having trouble and the front desk couldn't fix it. I'm sorry you still left unsatisfied. If you'd like to discuss this with me directly, I can be reached at the hotel phone number extension 7000.

Amy Penchi
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just wanted a quick getaway from the Twin Cities..and a chance to see the beautiful fall color along the Mississippi River. We stayed at the Marriott just one night but it was lovely. The hotel seems to be newly renovated. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful the room was lovely. We stayed in a King with river view. Well worth the money, if you want a little splurge.. There was plenty of room to sit and socialize and the view of the river was so nice, with arges and various boats slowly cruising past our window. In the evening we sat around the fire pit looking at the lovely river, the picturesque brigade and the starry sky.

Room Tip: Go for the river view. So worth it, at least for us..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night and I was pleased at how clean and comfortable the room was. The hotel appears to have been remodeled and I liked the room amenities and the nice flat screen tv. The hotel is right on the river and close to the downtown area. The staff was also great and helpful with questions about the area. I will stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We checked in late after driving all day, and it was nice to be met by friendly staff. Our room was nice and big, with two beds and plenty of room for a rollaway bed plus a sleeping bag. We had one of the newly renovated rooms, which had a nice river view. The food at the bistro was good for a late dinner and breakfast the next day. It was great to have a coin operated washer and dryer ($1 each, though I had to run the dryer twice) on the same floor. The renovations were ongoing, but they communicated well about them, so not as annoying as they might have been. Overall this place just had a really good feel to it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for only two nights over the 4th of July, and what a great experience it was! The remodel did not bother us at all, and the staff was clear in telling guests checking in that all work would be finished by 5:00 and if there was any issue to please let them know at the front desk. All staff was very friendly, and helpful. They seemed to truly care that you were having the best stay possible.

The lobby was beautiful and inviting, had fresh coffee/water, newspapers, onscreen/touchscreen news and info. and was very comforatble. Bistro was also very nice. River views were an added bonus, especialy on the 4th, where we were able to sit out on the patio and watch the fireworks!. Pool was easy to use and comfortable temperature. Fitness room was small but decent. Had towels and water available in both pool area and fitness room...I was very impressed with all of the "little touches" that make the difference.

The rooms are fresh, clean and very comfortable. No outside noise at all. No issues getting fresh towels or extra blankets. Housekeeping was very friendly.

We truly enjoyed our stay here. The only thing that would have made it better was a suite, but we were very happy! Thank you La Crosse staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront

Address: 500 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
Location: United States > Wisconsin > La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront 3*
The Newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse is perfectly located in Downtown La Crosse on the banks of the Mississippi River. Offering a fresh, vibrant and newly renovated everything. Featuring the new Bistro restaurant, 24 hour market, pool and whirlpool, free parking, internet and friendly staff. We welcome you to share all we have to offer with you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Reservation Counter, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront Hotel
La Crosse Marriott
La Crosse Courtyard
Courtyard La Crosse Downtown

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.