I have to make myself remember that a Holiday Inn, though the rooms are pretty much like those in a Hampton or other chain hotel, thinks of itself as a cut above, and prices itself accordingly. At this one, not only are the basic rates out of line for what you're getting, they charge extra for parking and they charge for breakfast.
The room itself was fine -- comfortable king-size bed, awkwardly designed bathroom, totally inadequate lighting, pretty much the usual for a chain. The room door was inclined to stop before fully closing, which is the opposite of the usual motel arrangement (all doors slam). What the Holiday Inn has that a Hampton doesn't is its own bar and restaurant, which can be convenient at odd hours or in bad weather. Service there was cheerful and perky, but the food was mediocre.
What this particular Holiday Inn has, and presumably bases its prices on, is its location in downtown LaCrosse. It's across the street from quirky little shoppes, within walking distance from about twenty bars (I can't imagine what the neighbourhood must be like on a Saturday night, but on a Tuesday it was fine), and a block away from the pleasant promenade that runs along the east side of the Mississippi River. However, I noticed that there was a Radisson across the street, that much closer to the river and presumably with memorable views from some of the rooms. Might try that if I get to LaCrosse again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn La Crosse Hotel
- Holiday Inn La Crosse Hotel La Crosse
- La Crosse Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - LaCrosse. We are proud to offer a non-smoking environment in all our guest rooms. A great night's sleep is ensured on our new Simmons Plush Beautyrest World Class mattresses. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is located 1 block east of the Mississippi River, in the heart of historic downtown LaCrosse. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites has 114 rooms including whirlpool suites. Rooms are equipped with free high-speed wireless Internet access, and 27 inch TVs with over 70 cable channels. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - LaCrosse, offers its guests an indoor pool, over-sized whirlpool, fitness center, guest laundry service, and complimentary shuttle service to and from transportation centers. The hotel also has a lobby business center with wireless Internet access, PC, printer and FAX machine, as well as a 500 sq. ft. meeting room located just off the hotel lobby. Ebeneezer's is the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites' unique restaurant and lounge. Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner, Ebeneezer s features gourmet wood-fired pizzas and pasta. Ebeneezer's lounge is a perfect place to meet or watch your favorite sporting event. The La Crosse Convention Center directly across the street offers a connecting skywalk. Major medical centers & colleges, Trane Co., City Brewery & our own Oktoberfest, make La Crosse a great destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn La Crosse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.