“Not as bad as some of the reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
msp
“Not as bad as some of the reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. That being said the room(s) are in need of some TLC--furniture is chipped and scratched and the bathroom sink the porcelain is coming off and wallpaper is peeling. I think the hotel is way overpriced and would look somewhere else nxt time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Other reviewers indicated that the rooms were dirty. I stayed there in August 2012 and no one in our group of 10 had this problem. So, kudos to the hotel for improving in this area. But, they have a way to go. Our room had not been remodeled yet as some in our group had been. We had peeling wallpaper and very worn bathroom fixtures. Once their renovation is complete, the rooms will be fine although dark and cave-like. But, I'd still just give the hotel an average at that point. If you can get a reservation somewhere else near this location do it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear AlwaysBusiness2012,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am pleased you found the cleanliness of our hotel commendable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests. I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
Fort Pierre, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Like some of the other reviewers my wife and I felt this hotel was dirty and over-priced. I would not recommend staying here in the future until it has been redone. The bed frame and area was simply filthy and mattress was shot. The towels were worn to a thread and I ripped one when toweling off. The location was probably ok, but why stay here if better facilities are located nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear RoyRogers57532,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The worst Hol Inn ever stayed at. Bathroom floor dirty, mirror all streaked, tile grout filthy, towells worn. Room carpet worn plus a musty oder. Called front desk and refused to move us to a different room plus rude to boot!
Stayed one night and switched to nearby Radisson for pleasant 3 night stay for rest of trip.

Would never stay at this Hol Inn again

Room Tip: Try the nearby Radisson if available but if have to stay here check out the room first.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear playtex,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn several times on business. I like the location in downtown. You can walk to most anywhere in this cute little city. The property it self is poorly kept and tired. Rooms are somewhat clean but the ageing bath fixtures and other room amenities like, TV's,furnitue,bedding,etc. are almost disgusting!!!! I feel dirty just being in the room. The resturant is also a disgrace. On my last trip I ordered the Fish and Chips. A local favorite especially on Fridays in Wisconsin. The fish seemed to have been frozen and thawed in a microwave oven. It was rubbery and putrid. You are best to avoid this hotel till ownership or management changes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Decorah, Iowa, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all-nice staff and our room was clean. Location is great in downtown and parking was easy. Carpet in hallways were older, and I was a bit nervous when I stepped out of the elevator. Room was good though. Comfortable pillows, good clea bed. There are some cosmetic things that I would recomend- paint touch ups and little stuff. But I would stay again. Resturant downstains, good for breakfast.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Pros: good location for downtown La Crosse. They have room service from the local restaurant downstairs (pizza, burgers and sandwiches). Staff was very friendly.

As of August 1, 2012 not all of the rooms have been remodeled. If you want to guarantee a remodeled room get a whirlpool room on the fifth floor. Even though I was in an upgraded room the bed was still hard and lumpy (not very comfortable).

Cons: Even though you're in an upgraded room the bed is still hard and not very comfortable. $3.00 parking fee per night. Spotty WiFi in my room on the 5th floor.

Next time I would stay at the Marriott on the river. It's a nicer hotel but wait a couple of months for this Marriott. It is also in the process of being remodeled right now.

Room Tip: As of August 1, 2012 not all of the rooms have been remodeled. If you want to guarantee a remodeled...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tim R, General Manager at Holiday Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our employees! We try to provide great friendly service and I'm glad that your stay was positive regarding our staff.

Just a quick note on the mattresses. All rooms were replaced with the Simmons world class sleeper plush mattress with in the past year, so all our mattresses are very new. It is actually one of our more talked about changes in the hotel and the majority of our guests have loved them! We receive emails quite frequently about the mattress and where guest's can find one! I am surprised that your mattress experience was unfavorable.

Thanks again for your comments and hope to see you next time through La Crosse!

Been to Holiday Inn La Crosse? Share your experiences!