“Great food, great service, great wine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 164 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American, Tapas
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 4 Sisters is a family owned restaurant that has been open for 4 years. We are located in the historic downtown Lacrosse across from the Mississippi River. We have a variety of food from tapas, to entrees with a wonderful variety of wine, beer and mix drinks.
La Crosse, WI
“Great food, great service, great wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Because I'm a picky wine drinker, I was pleasantly surprised that one of the "happy hour" wines was deliciously perfect for me. My friends and I chose three to four appetizers to share -- the cheese platter (served with bread and crackers), smokey salmon bites, and the bestie (twice-baked potatoes with pork and cheese). I highly recommend the cheese platter if you're a cheese lover. We made sure we had room for dessert, which usually change on a daily basis. But the desserts are simply heavenly and delicious and left all of us pleasantly full.

While the food and drinks were amazingly good, the prices were a bit overpriced and the environment was not the best as me and friends sort of had to yell at each other to hear each other over the noise of the crowd. Plus, I kind of felt bad when the live entertainment was singing and the crowd kind of drowned him out. I think of 4 Sisters when celebrating a special occasion or seeing an old friend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Naperville, Illinois
“Great Food, Good Wine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great ambience, nice patio overlooking Front Street and some amazing Tapas. Spent a quiet, late Saturday night with the wife on their patio, enjoying the server recommended Cab. Had the mozzarella tomato flatbread as an after dinner snack (after a 100 mile bike ride, I guess I was still hungry!). Both were awesome.

While they have a good wine list, it is not very extensive. Hope they will keep adding some good vino to their cellars! Look forward to return.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious happy hour wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Four Sisters is a lovely restaurant with delicious food (albeit overpriced) and great wine selections. I wouldn't recommend heading there with an empty stomach but it's a great place to try some new wines during their happy hour and get a few tasty snacks with some friends.

Visited April 2012
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
“4 sisters review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

food is tasty, but overpriced. service is ok. view is Great

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I went when they first opened and had a great experience. Beautiful decor, view, good food, good service. Went a few more times, and it was okay--had a good little band playing. The last time we went, however, we ordered a bottle of wine and the server overfilled the aerator, spilling at least a couple of ounces on the table. She didn't think either of us saw it, so no apology at all. At $30 or so a bottle, even a couple of ounces is worth a mention, huh? Later, a woman who identified herself as one of the "sisters" came over and asked how we liked the band. We told her the band was great, but the service was not. Told her about the wine spill, and she said "yes, I saw that." DO YOU BELIEVE IT???? And she never offered to comp or make it right, either. Instead, she said some "retraining" was planned. Woopie!! We tried to get the server's attention to box our food three or four times--she was just wandering the dining room with her head in the clouds. Some weeks later an acquaintance and I were talking about going to tastings at the Wine Guyz and she mentioned that they had had bad service at Four Sisters. She said she and her husband felt as though the staff thought they were doing her a favor for waiting on them. Coincidence? Doubtful. Shape up, Four Sisters. You won't make it on your beautiful location alone.

• Visited October 2011