“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Burlington, Vermont
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here one night after a 15 hour driving day. The room was spotless, and had a nice kitchen and sitting area. The bathroom was large. Just next door was a little plaza with a pizza place, a burrito place, and a great grocery store. The only downside for us was that there was no pool, and the wifi was spotty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Only stayed 1 night. The room was clean, quiet and close to a grocery store. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful. It isn't real close to downtown but it was a nice walk after traveling all day. The only things they could improve are adding a place to hang bath towels or clothes in the bathroom and better lighting. If you are on an extended stay it would be perfect, has a great little kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that our team was able to help you and was friendly. We're happy to have the grocery store next door also. Thank you also for the suggestions! I've talked to our maintenance engineer to see if he can locate something that would work for us with one of our vendors to place hooks in our bathrooms. We'd really enjoy seeing you again in the future when you are in area again.

Thank You again!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a studio suite, it is a very nice hotel and looks very new. The front desk staff was very friendly and courteous. Our room had a fully loaded kitchenette, fridge with ice cube maker, microwave with a complimentary popcorn for popping, small 2 burner stove, sink, dishes, pot/pan, glasses, cups, coffee maker, silverware, dish soap and more. The room was spacious with a small table/desk perfect for 2 people, TV and DVD player, with the option to checkout DVDs at the front desk or bring your own. There is also a nice recliner for watching your movies. Bathroom is also nice an spacious with one of those bow out curtains. Counter tops in kitchen and bath counter tops, over all the rooms are decorated very nicely. There is a grocery store within walking distance. What we also liked is the location from downtown it is a straight drive down the road about 2 miles. Great stay and will stay there again when we are in La Crosse.

Room Tip: House keeping is provided on a weekly basis so no one but your self will be going into your room. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripdavisor! A lot of people comment on how convenient the grocery store is to our location and I am glad it was convenient for you as well. We are happy that it is close also because it makes things so much easier for our guests especially since we have the kitchens in the rooms. I'm very happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. We're looking forward to seeing you in the future when you are in the La Crosse area again! Thank you again for reviewing us.
Ripon, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent 8 yrs in hotel management so I'm very picky about hotels. As a disabled traveler I see things from a different aspect. If you use a wheelchair or scooter, this is the place for you!

The first nice thing I was greeted with was automatically opening doors. You wouldn't believe how unusual that is in the LaCrosse area hotels (see my other reviews). The front desk has a lower area designed just for wheelchairs, which is always a nice touch, so check-in was a breeze.

I had room 106, right off the lobby, easy to get to. On one side was the laundry room so I was concerned there would be noise or smell, but neither was a problem. The room was extremely quiet both nights. Early on I had a request and stopped one of the housekeeping staff and when I came back an hour later she had handled it and was EXTREMELY nice when I asked her.

The room is HUGE compared to other hotels. Not only could I get my scooter in the room, I could turn it around in the room! There was plenty of room to put it off to the side and still have room for people to walk around comfortably without it being in the way. I could even drive my scooter in between the beds! The desk is designed so that a WC or scooter can drive right up under it. The beds are soft without being mushy.

The bathroom is nice and large and designed well for a HC traveler. There are lots of extra sturdy handrails in all the right places and a sink that is actually roll-up ready. A walk in shower with a shower chair on the wall was the best part.

Staff was extremely nice and helpful and all in all a great experience, so while this was at the upper end of what I usually spend, it was well worth it to me. I'll be sticking with this hotel when I come back to LaCrosse.

Room Tip: Room 106 was close if you are walking-disabled.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I'm very happy that everything in the room made things easier for you and was convenient. We're looking forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in the La Crosse area again. Thank You again for reviewing us.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the most terrible hotel I have EVER stayed in. If you are staying for a night, it looks alright on the surface. But it is really not worth the money. The room has a bad smell, housekeeping never comes (I've been here 3 weeks!), you have to get towels and all yourself at the front desk, no amenities, bad management. Seriously, priced a hundred over dollars? Go somewhere else. I wouldn't stay this long if I had the choice.

Room Tip: The rooms are overpriced, mainly because it's in an apt's layout with the kitchen and all, t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mrkhughes, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I'm really terribly sorry for the experience you are having at our hotel. We do weekly housekeeping in order to respect the privacy of our extended stay guests. However not being done for 3 consecutive weeks should not happen and I truly apologize. We take our cleanliness standard very seriously. I checked our system and I did not see any guests staying for that amount of time that were in at that rate. If you reach out to me I want to do whatever I can to make this right for you. Thank you again!
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in the Candlewood Suites in Lacrosse for a wedding. Impressed with how clean the grounds were as well as the interior of the hotel. Very friendly front desk staff as well as the housekeeping and maintenance people. Our room was a little delayed in being ready due to a late checkout. With that I would assumed that the room would have been given a quick cleaning just to get it ready. But they didn't rush it and it was spotless when we got in. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was large enough to allow the bridal party to get ready. Nice fridge and two burner stove top. A very nice Festival Foods was just a block or so from the hotel. I believe it was a good value for the room. My only so what of a complaint was that the doors were awfully heavy to open. We were on the side away from the road so we didn't hear anything even slept with the window open. Overall it was part of a great weekend! IF we ever get a chance to go to La Crosse we'll stay at the Candlewood.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and everyone you met made you feel welcome. We try to get rooms turned over as quickly as we can to be ready for the next guest but really want to focus on making sure everything is done right. I hope you'll see us again when you are in the area.
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

New hotel with pleasant staff and very nice rooms w kitchens. Nicer rooms than the luxury hotels, just not much of a lobby and who cares about the lobby? I stay in the room! I can recommend this, I always wonder how picky some people must be to give poor reviews?

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made you feel welcome. I hope you'll see us again if you come to La Crosse in the future. Thank you again!

Been to Candlewood Suites La Crosse? Share your experiences!