“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in La Crosse
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip in Wisconsin. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is defiantly on the top of my list. The rooms were not large by any means but had adequate space. The rooms are equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, oven top. Very handy if your going to be around for a few days. I asked the guy at the front dest for some dinner options and was very helpful. The hallways had a great smell to them, I think they had electronic air fresheners. This place is worth the price and I will be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We're all happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have electric air fresheners set on timers from Scentair, which has been great for us. We're thrilled you'll stay with us again when you come in to La Crosse. We'll be looking forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent only one night, but we loved it! Very comfy beds. Really liked having a little kitchen area, nice to be able to use a real glass and plates (and full size fridge) while in a hotel! The entire hotel was clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Loved how close we were to all the fun that downtown La Crosse had to offer! We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really enjoy getting feedback from our guests on how well we are doing or how we can improve. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and had fun downtown! I hope you'll be able to visit us again and enjoy La Crosse soon.
Sussex, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Candlewood Suites in La Crosse, Wi was super clean. The beds are very comfortable. As these area extended stay suites, there are refrigerators in the rooms with ice in the freezers. So no noisy ice makers in the hall.
There is a tiddy kitchenette with pots, pans, and even a diswasher. The staff is courteous. Dvds are available at the desk. There is also a pantry fully stocked for items to purchase. I highly recommend this hotel. There is NO pool! Yeah! Close to historic downtown and many restaurants and the River Walk.

Room Tip: The back side ot the hotel has a nice view of a large pond.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate any feedback we can get on how we are doing. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in La Crosse. I hope you will see us again when you may be in town again.
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were there for a conference and really enjoyed the room. No pool but they offer a fitness room and board games, and free use of their DVDs (which my daughters enjoyed). The rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable (very high on my need list) and we stayed in the 1 bedroom suite so the girls had their "quarters" and we had ours. They said their sofa bed was comfortable and they slept well. A real big perk is that I can open the window a bit for some fresh air too:)

Room Tip: No restaurant on board but grocery store is just at end of next door shopping area and the rooms all...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we'll look forward to seeing you again in the future when you may be in La Crosse again.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The door lock stopped working 6 days in of an 11 day stay. Hotel staff had to let me in my room. The General Manager committed to fixing and didn't until the day before departure. Didn't even offer an apology! I learned from another guest that they had been moved out of the room before I arrived due to issues with the door lock. They weren't fully booked, so why they would give me this room, I have no idea! Only received a form letter from corporate.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, get a room on the top floor because you hear whoever is above you!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mark K,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Housekeeping was great, curtis really made me and my wife feel right at home. The staff was very helpful at helping us get around town. I recommend a very awesome stay at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, Wi, bigtexas77

• Stayed January 2013
mrkhughes, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really appreciate any feedback our guests are able to give us. I'm happy Curtis was able to make you feel welcomed at our property. I'm going to pass that on to him. We hope to see you again in the future.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night for work purposes and it was easily the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was SUPER comfortable. The hotel room included a full-sized fridge and a stove top. It even included a dishwasher. I wish I could have lived there permanently. The location was perfect. With the Festival grocery store 1 block away and a bunch of highly rated grocery stores within a 5 minute drive, finding places to eat is pretty easy. I can't emphasize how CLEAN the hotel well. You usually don't get that in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really like to get any feedback on how we're doing and what we do well and anything we may need to improve on. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were with us. To say that we are the best hotel you ever stayed at is such a huge compliment and I will let our housekeeping staff know that the work they do is appreciated and recognized by our guests. We also really like having the grocery store next door. It makes things a lot more convenient for everyone. We look forward to seeing you if you may be staying in La Crosse again in the future.

Thank you again!

Been to Candlewood Suites La Crosse? Share your experiences!