“Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ames, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My advice is DO NOT stay at this motel. We were in town to visit relatives. We really only needed a bed to sleep in. We arrived on the afternoon of July 21st and checked in. We took our bags to our room and spent the rest of the day with family. We returned to our room late that night and by the time we got to bed it was after midnight. Crawled in to bed to find the bed was wet. Pulled back the sheets and mattress pad and even the mattress was wet. Completely disgusting! The mattresses were very old. Felt like a huge sink hole. I went straight to the front desk and told them what we encountered and informed them we wouldn't be staying another night. They offered to get us in to another room. We accepted because of the time. The second room was just okay. The beds were slightly better. Upon checking out the next day, I asked to talk to the manager. The manager would not come out and talk to me. I was charged full price for the room! Never again! What kind of place would put someone in a room with a wet bed and charge them for their stay?! Everything about this place is awful!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This motel is terrible - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Pulled back the sheets and found several live bugs and hair on the mattress. Complained to the management and they changed the bedding. When changing the bedding we noticed the mattress cover had blood and yellow stains - totally gross!!! Management decided not to charge us after this and since it was late we stayed there on top of everything we could put on the bed. One week later we found that we were accused of stealing their towels and comforters for the same amount as the room price - amazing the coincidence. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Once again, I do apologize about the inconveniences you claim you experienced throughout your stay. As you may recall, our front desk representatives did offer you a brand new room immediately upon your claim, which you refused. They then offered to completely re-do the linens in your guest room, even though no trace of bugs was evident at that time.

Upon your check out, two full days later, you requested a full refund from me. I stated we would certainly be able to do that once the room was inspected by a professional pest company to verify your claims.
You then checked out of the hotel and when our housekeepers entered the two guest rooms, they found all of the linens and comforters had been removed. Since your signature is on file to be responsible for damaged or missing items, we did apply the fees to your cards to cover the cost of replacing those items.

We did have your guest room checked out by a professional pest control company upon your check out, and no live bug activity was found. Two dead bugs were found, however, so we did refund your full two-night stay, as a courtesy for the inconvenience, and we treated the room to ensure that no future incidences will affect our valued guests.
Fond du Lac, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This motel is a dirty place. We stayed for just one night. There was a cigarette butt in a cup by the window, so not only was someone smoking in the room prior, they didn't clean it up. The toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned very well, was still dirty, and the towels had yellow spots on them. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry that you experienced some cleanliness issues throughout your stay, and I assure you that this is not a common occurrence at our hotel. I will be sure to follow up with Housekeeping to ensure that future stays are much more pleasant, and we do welcome you to try us again if you are ever in the area.
Neosho, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The second we walked in I noticed cheetos puffs under the bed you could see them when you walked in if some one checked that room before they put it in the system as clean they would have seen it. Also it was so dusty the tv had tons of dis the head board/pictures above the beds we full of dust and greasy hand prints nothing was plugged in cobwebs in the windows stains on the chairs and on the lamp shades also smelled verry musty. I did talk to the lady at the front desk and she picked up the cheetos and tells me they have had alot of complaints about house keeping. I have worked as a inspector in hotels in the past and theres no way that room would have passed a inspection it was horrible!!!! There also was a baseball tournament and kids were running around at all hours of the night. I wish we could have stayed were the rest of my family stayed that weekend but they were all booked up

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!