“weekend wedding” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in La Crosse
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“weekend wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

could use an elevator desk staff was very courteous and helpfull. alway smake reservations directly with motel, not booking agent whose number is on web site. They rip you off by posting to card at once with many additional charges. I called them and cancelled reservation because of their extra charges.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope to see you again next time you're in the La Crosse area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
La Crosse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Overall our stay was average, what one would expect from a budget hotel. However we were very annoyed with the housekeeping staff. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday morning we were woken up at 730am by the housekeepers banging around in the hall, shouting out "laundry!" And "housekeeping!" and slamming doors shut.They were very noisy all morning. We requested a late check out instead of the standard 11:00 checkout time but were told by the front desk staff that the housekeepers could not allow this. They knocked on our door around 1000 in an attempt to come in and clean. Then at 1100 on the dot they came back and knocked again to get in as we were gathering up our things to leave. We overheard them saying they couldn't just stand around. We felt like they were tapping their feet waiting to get rid of us all morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know that the housekeepers caused a bit of an inconvenience for you throughout your stay. We will be sure to follow up with them to ensure that they are honoring our hotel's quiet hours, as well as allowing our guests ample time to pack up. I do apologize that a late check out was not available during the weekend of your stay. We are sometimes able to accommodate such requests, but at other times are not, due to our availability and the day's arrivals and departures. Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Oakdale, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for 1 night and the staff was friendly, but the hotel is need of a lot of updates. It seems stuck in the late 70's/early 80's. Carpet needs updating all over. Rooms need some updating as well. There are not enough outlets in the wall, so they had a power strip to hold a number of electrical items. TV was more modern but all furniture and beds seemed old. Had to take a light out of plug-in to plug in the clock. Table was very wobbly too. Bathroom is small for 2 queen beds. We had to go into the bathroom most of the way before being able to turn on the light. This is just a very outdated hotel.
A couple of other things. The pool area, though, seemed clean for the most part. I didn't try it but my kids and wife did. Not sure on the hot tub; didn't try it. They had a continental breakfast which was adequate. They do need more room there, or better designed. Lot of people in one small area was not the most convenient.
For what we paid and what the hotel offered did not coincide.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
La Crosse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, price is right, only complaint I would have is building has thin walls you can hear the traffic go by when lay down to sleep . Stayed at motel since 1st of April and will be staying until at least the end of July . Working construction at Dairyland Power in Genoa,Wi

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing the Super 8 of La Crosse for your extended stay! We are so pleased that you have been enjoying most aspects of your stay, aside from the traffic noise. That is one downfall of having a prime location on the main drag into the city. Please feel free to request a room farther away from the road, and we'll always do our best to accommodate you!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It is nice and clean but I did have a few "concerns". The bathtub drain was laying on the side of the tub, The fart fan filter was back from age. otherwise a nice place to stay. The breakfast is very light, 2 cereal to choose or frozen waffles or bread. dont bother thinking you will get a "solid breakfast"

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I used to stay here. I have not been back because the maid called my room phone on the morning I planned to check out. She told me she was not working that day, but that she would meet me in the parking lot so I could give her a tip! I was only there 2 nights, and did not receive service. I got my towels and TP myself.

Room Tip: Stay away from the maid
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
91_k12,

I am so sorry to hear about this. This is not something that has ever happened at our hotel before, and I can assure you, it is not something we would take lightly. We pride ourselves in creating a welcoming and safe environment for our guests. If you would, please contact me at the hotel directly. In order to follow up with the responsible housekeeper, we would need some further info from you, regarding the dates of your stay, and your hotel room room number. Once again, I do apologize, and I hope we hear from you soon so that we can look into this matter further and cease any similar situations from occurring.