“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I met my daughter here with the grandchildren to spend a night swimming and having fun. We reserved the king suite with the jacuzzi. The front desk people had absolutely no personality and were busy playing games on their phones and computer. We walked in the first room and it was FREEZING in there. This is Wisconsin and it's 20 degrees out. The room was about the same. the cleaning staff left the window open. We had to switch rooms because we had a 2 month old infant with us. The next room was chilly but it warmed up. The TV remote didn't work and it took two people and an hour to get that working. I believe they had to switch tvs with another room while we were out. The pool was nice and warm, though the bottom was a little slimey. The hot tub was very nice and clean. It was also nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows in the room. We had an employee discount (my daughter works at another Super 8) so the rate was decent, but I would not pay the full price rate for this room.

Room Tip: The king suite has a pull out couch for more sleeping room. It's all in one room though, so no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Super 8 of La Crosse for your stay. And thank you for your feedback. I certainly do apologize that the rooms you were offered were not at a comfortable temperature upon check in. I will definitely follow up with housekeeping to ensure that all windows are left closed, and heating units left on, as you are correct, it is chilly here in Wisconsin.
I am glad that the rest of your stay was to your satisfaction, and that the front desk staff was able to help with your remote control. I do apologize that it took longer than usual, and that they were not friendly to you throughout your stay. That is something I will address with them, as we want to provide a welcoming environment for all of our guests. Once again, thank you, and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Owatonna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Spent two nights, have 3 teen daughters, so I chose to be on the lower level, which usually has a concrete floor which stops all noise from stomping or jumping. That weekend, either a very active or a very, very heavy person was given a room directly above ours. This person was walking in his (assuming) heels and shaking the ceiling until about 2am. The wife complained, the hotel attendant issued a warning. Almost the same thing the next night. We understood there to be an unruly group at the hotel that weekend, so I'm not sure that the two were connected (noisy walker and group) but THEN, Sunday morning we received a call directly from another room, or so I was told by the front desk; the other person simply said, "I will hunt you down and kill you." Then hung up. I asked the front desk attendants whether the hotel had a way to monitor incoming calls. This is when I was told that no outside calls had gone through the switchboard, so it must have come from another group. I have never lived in fear, and I'm not about to start now, but that phone call was a serious threat that I don't take kindly to, and I'm not real impressed with the reaction from the front desk. I didn't have time to make a police statement, so we just left. Additionally, the room fee was put a hold on my credit card, and then the room was charged the morning of checkout, which effectively doubled the amount of credit that was used, so I was unable to buy snacks for the road trip home. When I attempted to buy the snacks, the card was declined. I called the card and returned to the hotel, where I had to literally put the front desk attendant on the phone with the bank in order to get the funds released.

The hotel room and all commons areas was top notch, the pool and hot tub were wonderful, as was the breakfast selection.

Be careful putting 400lb people on the second floor of a wood framed building!? Not a whole lot can be done, I understand, without really spending enough money to rebuild the building, but it does affect customer satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Super 8 of La Crosse, and thank you for taking the time to submit feedback online. I do apologize that you experienced some noise issues throughout your stay, and I do apologize that one of our guests phoned your room. Please understand that once a noise complaint is brought to our attention, we will follow up to ensure guest satisfaction. If you were feeling threatened, we would have gladly phoned the police and resolved that situation immediately for you. I apologize that we were not given the opportunity to do so for you.
Also, in the future, feel free to request a room on the top floor if you are sensitive to noises that may carry through from an upstairs guests. We are always happy to accommodate our guests' requests as best as possible. Thank you for your compliments regarding the other areas of your stay. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Lone Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

had a great stay. Room were clean and well taken care. We got there early and they let us checkin to our room, we real like that. I think the staff was all very freindly and went out of ther way for us. I give then 5 stars. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our room was on the second floor closest to the highway, we figured the traffic noise would stop as the night went on but that wasn't the case. We heard the train go at least 3 times a night, and the security door that faces the highway is locked without entrance, it is only an exit, all night we heard people rattling the door trying to open it, to the point where we thought that someone was trying to break into the hotel. The next morning we spoke to the front desk and asked if we could change rooms, they arranged for us to move to the bottom floor first room at the back of the hotel which was by another entrance/exit door. It was a nice room and a lot quieter as far as traffic noise, but about 230am the neighbors above us were stomping on the floor, sounded like they were moving things and plopping things loudly on the floor, this went on for a good 45 minutes. Around 530-6am we kept hearing the exit/entrance door opening and slamming repeatedly for a good 2 hours. Overall not impressed, they did a surface remodel but the place is really aged and rusted and has no sound barrier. The so called breakfast consisted of toast, already made waffles, packaged cinnamon rolls, and cereal. One good thing was the beds were comfortable, but not impressed at all especially for the price.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel but not by an entrance/exit door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback, and I certainly apologize that you experienced quite a few noise issues throughout your stay. In the future, please feel free to contact our front desk by dialing "0" on your room phone if you're experiencing noise complaints from other guests, or from people attempting to enter the hotel. We'd have been happy to look into that for you to ensure you a comfortable night's sleep.
I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Our SuperStart complimentary breakfast does include waffles, toast, cinnamon rolls, cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruits, and yogurt, plus juice, milk, and coffee. That is the breakfast you will find at all Super 8s across the board.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you, if you ever find yourself in the area again.
Lanesboro, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I deceided to get away for a few days. This was our first stop on our journey. We were treated very well and welcomed everytime we went in and out of the building. We have stayed here before and were very impressed. Very clean and well kept property. Staff is very helpful and professional.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Super 8 for your lodging needs, and for your kind feedback. We sure hope we'll see you again in the future!

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!