“Fine/ a good deal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

Save Saved
You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
“Fine/ a good deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here after learning the downtown hotels wanted over $200.00 a night. If you are looking for an average hotel this is your place. Nothing fancy, but served the purpose. Rooms appeared clean, and the bed was comfortable. The pool is large, and the kids enjoyed it. Breakfast is included (waffles, cereal, danish, coffee).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we hope we'll see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Racine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we got into our room there was a instant smell coming from the air conditioner..like there had beena fire in the room or something.There was something smeared on the desk table. And there were two towels that were wet like there were used........ will never stay again!!!
Randy S.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a road trip, after finding several other hotels nearby were full. They were renovating the lobby so it was not the greatest first impression, full of painting equipment and the yet-to-be-tile floor was uneven. All forgivable in my eyes since the front desk staff were very friendly. It looks like the lobby will be nice when complete.

We checked in and went down to our room. It was very dark and just not very welcoming. It was also pretty humid (it rained that day) so we immediately put on the AC. The vanity area seems new, as does the bed and headboard, but everything else in the room seems like it is older. It makes for a strange mix of furniture, but its Super 8 not a palace. That said, we took off our shoes and the carpet was so dirty it was sticking to our socks. Nice.

We also noticed a bunch of old food ?? On our in-room fridge, which had been left on there so long it was actually going moldy. The inside of the fridge looked spotless, as did the microwave. Seems like the staff may only be trained to clean selected things.

The bathroom was tiny, but still had a full size tub. The irritating part was you had to walk all the way in to find its light switch, which was located almost behind the door. This was really annoying at night.

The bed was very comfortable, but we did not get a great sleep. The AC was necessary to keep the humidity down, and it was quite loud. Our room was also across the hall from the housekeeping room, and several times staff had drawn out conversations right outside our door. I wouldn't normally mind some noise but it was very loud, the walls must be quite thin, and a couple times this woke us up.

We got up exhausted and left without even using the shower. When we left the housekeeping room was open and you could see there was not much room for staff to speak inside, and it was very noisy from all the machines. Can't really blame them for speaking in the hall. Not sure how management would fix that issue either.

I've stayed at several Super 8s before that are leaps and bounds ahead of this one. It's a good thing the room was very cheap, but we still would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit feedback on our hotel. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the items you found lacking during your stay. I assure you our housekeepers normally do a very thorough job of cleaning the rooms, and I apologize that they missed some items during your stay. I also do apologize about the inconvenience of the lobby remodel during your stay, but we are hoping that it's finished product will greatly enhance your future stays. We also did remodel our guest rooms in 2010 (from flooring to ceiling) so I do apologize that the carpet was not up to par for your stay. I'll be sure to have housekeeping address that, and shampoo as necessary. Thank you for letting us know, and we do hope we'll see you again in the future!
St. Paul, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent 2 nights here last week while in LaCrosse. They are remodeling the lobby so you enter through a door with a rock in it to hold it open. It is far from the desk so it is not very safe. But there was nothing else they could do short of leaving someone posted at that door. Our room was fine. It was clean and suited our needs. The bathroom was small but fortunately the sink is outside the room with the toilet and tub so 2 could be doing things at the same time. Our bed was comfortable. The pillows seemed fine. We were on the street side so it was very noisy. The AC unit helped keep the noise down.
The only complaint with the room was the AC. When it is on it blows right on you. We found it hard to sleep with that happening until we blocked it up a bit with a magazine and duct tape. then it was fine.
The pool was good as was the hot tub. Breakfast was just fair. All high carb food. We found it to be quiet otherwise and the staff where very nice.

Room Tip: Pick one far from the main road to cut down on street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SUGAR GROVE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

They let me check in early, but that's about the only good thing I can say. The floor in the bathroom was wet, but I thought maybe that's because it was just cleaned. We left and came back that night and I also noticed the carpet was damp and the room was real humid even with AC running. Paperwork I left on the desk you could almost wring out. I asked to change rooms, but they couldn't accommodate me because they were fully booked. They seemed to be aware of the problem with this room however.
I booked this room using 10,000 of my Wyndham rewards points which I wish I had back on my account.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!