“fine but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
St. Paul, MN
“fine but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent 2 nights here last week while in LaCrosse. They are remodeling the lobby so you enter through a door with a rock in it to hold it open. It is far from the desk so it is not very safe. But there was nothing else they could do short of leaving someone posted at that door. Our room was fine. It was clean and suited our needs. The bathroom was small but fortunately the sink is outside the room with the toilet and tub so 2 could be doing things at the same time. Our bed was comfortable. The pillows seemed fine. We were on the street side so it was very noisy. The AC unit helped keep the noise down.
The only complaint with the room was the AC. When it is on it blows right on you. We found it hard to sleep with that happening until we blocked it up a bit with a magazine and duct tape. then it was fine.
The pool was good as was the hot tub. Breakfast was just fair. All high carb food. We found it to be quiet otherwise and the staff where very nice.

Room Tip: Pick one far from the main road to cut down on street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
SUGAR GROVE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

They let me check in early, but that's about the only good thing I can say. The floor in the bathroom was wet, but I thought maybe that's because it was just cleaned. We left and came back that night and I also noticed the carpet was damp and the room was real humid even with AC running. Paperwork I left on the desk you could almost wring out. I asked to change rooms, but they couldn't accommodate me because they were fully booked. They seemed to be aware of the problem with this room however.
I booked this room using 10,000 of my Wyndham rewards points which I wish I had back on my account.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bend
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Generally good, huge cobweb in corner, black mold forming in bath, exhaust fan bearings going bad making the fan very noisy. Pool was pleasant. Continental breakfast was as expected neither bad nor good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do show that the issues you mentioned were also mentioned upon your checkout, and were checked by our staff. Thank you for bringing those items to our attention so that they could be fixed quickly to make future stays even more SUPER. We hope to see you again very soon!

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!