“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
MADISON
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was a really great hotel - all the staff were very friendly and helpful to us, especially since we came without reservations. Had a small dog and the hotel was very accommodating for us. Front Desk Clerk especially helpful!! The room was spotless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate you choosing to stop at the Super 8, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The front desk clerk that checked us in on friday night was VERY unfriendly. every question we asked she looked at us with a snobish look and acted like we should know the answers. She was not a people person at all and did not say hello, thanks for staying, have a great stay. She is clearly there for a pay check and if she was having a bad day - keep it at home you do customer service. The hallways looked like they were not vaccuumed and there was a bunch of dust on the lamps. Your continental breakfast has also gone down hill. Our group has stayed with you for the last 5 years and no more homemade donuts brought in, the bananas were brown and the coffee was terrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review, and thank you for letting me know where our hotel is needing improvements. I apologize that you experienced poor customer service during your stay, and I will certainly be following up with the individual who was on duty during your check in. That certainly is not the image we want our guests to have.
I also apologize that you found our breakfast lacking. Our breakfast standards are implemented by our parent company, Wyndham, and they did just make some changes so that all Super 8s will be presenting the same breakfast across the nation. I do understand that that meant eliminating some of our offerings, and I apologize that that was something that negatively impacted your stay. I do hope you found other aspects of your stay enjoyable, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Fairly average Super 8. I have stayed here a couple of times in recent weeks for work. Rooms are OK- some updates made recently but rooms not kept terribly clean. Pool room is decent, and breakfast just fine to get going. They advertise "new flat screen TVs" - not all rooms have them and I think I may know why! After returning to my room late after work 1 night, I turned on the TV, a horrible buzz occurred and then a puff of smoke came out the top! It was late, and a busy weekend- I was checking out early the next day, so I didn't switch rooms, but it was a rather entertaining moment. I am always fascinated by institutions that use coffee machines instead of brewing coffee- such a simple that could be a good improvement. (I know seemingly small/silly- but it is little things, right?) I was recognized as a Wyndham member on one stay with a check in perk- not on other stays. Overall, acceptable when I need to stay for work, but nothing special.

• Stayed November 2012
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and thank you for your input on where we could use improvement. I apologize about the issue you experienced with your TV and assure you that is not a common occurrence at our hotel. The TV has since been replaced by the TV manufacturers. Pleas also know that we use a coffee machine instead of a brewer to accommodate our large volumes of railroad employee guests that enjoy filling up thermoses of coffee. With brewed coffee, we'd run out frequently, so we have kept the machine in order to provide our guests with coffee 24/7. But thank you for your comments and we will certainly take that into consideration. Once again, thank you for your time, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!