“Average Super 8, save for the smoking TV...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

Save Saved
You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Iowa
“Average Super 8, save for the smoking TV...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Fairly average Super 8. I have stayed here a couple of times in recent weeks for work. Rooms are OK- some updates made recently but rooms not kept terribly clean. Pool room is decent, and breakfast just fine to get going. They advertise "new flat screen TVs" - not all rooms have them and I think I may know why! After returning to my room late after work 1 night, I turned on the TV, a horrible buzz occurred and then a puff of smoke came out the top! It was late, and a busy weekend- I was checking out early the next day, so I didn't switch rooms, but it was a rather entertaining moment. I am always fascinated by institutions that use coffee machines instead of brewing coffee- such a simple that could be a good improvement. (I know seemingly small/silly- but it is little things, right?) I was recognized as a Wyndham member on one stay with a check in perk- not on other stays. Overall, acceptable when I need to stay for work, but nothing special.

• Stayed November 2012
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and thank you for your input on where we could use improvement. I apologize about the issue you experienced with your TV and assure you that is not a common occurrence at our hotel. The TV has since been replaced by the TV manufacturers. Pleas also know that we use a coffee machine instead of a brewer to accommodate our large volumes of railroad employee guests that enjoy filling up thermoses of coffee. With brewed coffee, we'd run out frequently, so we have kept the machine in order to provide our guests with coffee 24/7. But thank you for your comments and we will certainly take that into consideration. Once again, thank you for your time, and we hope to see you again in the future.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
GB WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the rate, I can't complain too much. The beds are newer so they were actualy quite comfortable. Rooms were appropriately clean, but little things like the tissue box was near empty, toilet paper roll same thing, furniture itself was quite worn, and the hand towel that was in the room when we got there had a smudge of something on it (pizza sauce maybe?). The property itself is a little run down and you could still imagine your typical Super 8 as you really started to take a closer look. The pool & hot tub though were surprisingly decent, I have been in far worse hotel pools at nicer hotels. Location is good too, just a couple minute drive to downtown & a few minutes longer to get over to the mall area. So, nothing fancy or special, but felt safe enough & clean enough to be able to relax. And they have recently upgraded to flat panel tv's. The microwave & refrigerators in the rooms are an added bonus too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. We are pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and we thank you for letting us know where our housekeepers could use some improvement. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!