“Reservation mix up” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

Save Saved
You added Super 8 La Crosse to your Saves list
Super 8 La Crosse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 Rose St, I-90 at Exit 3, Hwy 53 South, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Ranked #12 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Reservation mix up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Let me start by saying the new Super 8 on Rose St. in La Crosse is a very clean, well maintained property and the continental breakfast is decent. Great upgrade from the old property that is down the street.

I made reservations at the front desk for what I thought was 3 rooms for 2 nights to celebrate UW-LAX Graduation in 2013, something got mixed up by the desk clerk and the reservations were made for 2012. After I noticed this I went to the front desk and cancelled the 2012 reservations and made them for 2013. I thought it was all taken care of.
As I was unaware of the 2012 reservation I did not show and was charged for the full cost of the rooms as a "No Show".
I tried to explain and work this out with the GM at the location to no avail. I then contacted Wyndham Rewards and was referred to Super 8 Corporate Customer Care (Customer No Service) to reach resolution. No luck there either.

Very disappointed that neither was willing to try to come to a compromise. I still have the 3 rooms for 2013 reserved.

Marriott has the 1-10-100 rule of customer service. When 1 customer has a bad experience they will tell at least 10 people, those 10 people will most likely tell 10 more. Now there are at least 111 people that are aware of the poor customer experience. That is why at a Marriott property all employees are empowered to make your experience enjoyable as they don't want 111 people knowing of the bad experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property online, and thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel and our amenities.

Once again, I do apologize about the mix-up with your hotel reservations. Both the hotel and the corporate office spent time researching this matter, and still find that it does not appear that the hotel mixed up the dates. Our system indicates that the original reservations for the 2013 dates were booked at 4:23pm on April 20th. Then on April 27th, at 8:05am, someone contacted our hotel and canceled the original reservations, and booked the 2012 dates, which were never checked into or canceled. Since the change happened at a completely separate time, and were re-booked for a busy week during a Dart Tournament, it does not appear to be an error made by our system or front desk representatives. I do apologize for this inconvenience, but with your credit card on file, we were obligated to hold the rooms for you on the 2012 dates.

We do look forward to your stay in 2013, and thank you for choosing the Super 8 of La Crosse.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oregon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

nice room, clean sheets, good mattress and quiet. we slept well, and enjoyed LaCrosse. we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at a restaraunt on the Mississippi, good food, and wine. I think it was called 4Sisters.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are quiet and private
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Overall I had a good experience. The hotel was clean with the exception of a few stains on the sheets. The pool area is great, with a huge pool and a large hot tub. There was also a small but nice work out room. The beds were also really comfy, and after a long day, it was nice to be able to sleep well. The reasons I gave it a three out of five is because first of all, there is no elevator. Luckily I didn't have to much stuff, but if you had a lot it could be a problem. Another thing was that the TV was small and old, not a huge deal. Maybe the biggest problem was that they advertised a complementary breakfast, and there wasn't much. They did put some stuff out, including cold waffles and bread, but there wasn't even cereal or bagels. I was really disappointed and ended up going to a restaurant for breakfast. Overall this is a really great hotel for the price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the few things you found lacking at our hotel. Please know that we are in the process of changing out our TVs to newer flat-screens, so you can be sure to look forward to that during future visits! I also apologize that you found our breakfast lacking. All Super 8s will now have the same offerings for breakfast, as mandated by our corporate office. So our offerings have changed a bit, but we do include cereal, which is kept on the counter near the milk, due to counter space limitations. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to having you again, whenever you visit La Crosse!
Rogers, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Super 8 and I have stayed at several hotels in this area at the same price point..The Super 8 is supet clean. The pool area is large and hot tub is larger than most. The two negative things are the bed size and no elevator. The queen size bed is really small more like a full and they dont have an elevator. If you have a cooler and luggage it is difficult to get up the stairs. This hotel is much nicer than the Econo Inn and newer than the Settle Inn. Pool is much bigger and nicer than the Comfort Inn. Overall I would stay here again.. Best bets in the area in the same price point..Here or Settle Inn.Avoid Econ Inn. Old and musty.

• Stayed March 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Let's be honest: Super 8s can be hit or miss. They're usually "budget" motels, which means cheap on amenities, comfort, cleanliness, and friendliness.

This Super 8 didn't come off as very "budget" at all. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, which made finding a good meal a little easier after a long day on the road.

The room was clean and quiet, remarkably quiet for being sold out. We had a comfortable night's rest here, but I think we were most thrilled with the location! It was right off the highway, but far enough away that we didn't even know the highway was there.

The one complaint I'd have is the price. We paid near $100 after taxes, which again, isn't very budget at all. I think the area and the lack of more hotels makes it acceptable for the Super 8 to charge $100 for one night, but if you're on a budget, I'd find another place to bed for the night!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property online. We are thrilled that you found our Super 8 to be enjoyable for your stay. Please know that we make every effort to keep our rates competitive in our market. While other Super 8s in other areas may have lower rates available, we aim to keep our rates comparable to the hotels nearby, while still giving our guests an excellent stay in an updated, comfortable, clean room, with great customer service and extra amenities. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the La Crosse area.
Lake View, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is, by far, the best Super 8 I've stayed in. It was very clean and nice. The rooms had updated furnishings, comfy beds/pillows and the sink was outside the bathroom, which I prefer. The room was small but adequate for our our one-night stay. The photos provided by the hotel display the rooms and property accurately. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will recommend us to your friends and family. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the La Crosse area.
Platteville, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I ATTEMPTED to check into this motel on 9/16/2011, they required a credit card to check in, I gave them my credit card and stated"I don't think there is much money available on this card, I wanted to pay cash." I was told that they had to attempt to charge the full payment on card for me to check in. IT was declined as I had stated it would be...I was then denied the ability to stay at this hotel. I left no problem.BUT today 9/21/11 I received a letter from this hotel manager stating I owed the hotel money $83.72 to be exact and that they REPEATEDLY tried to authorize my card and it was declined......WHAT the heck is this about....I called general manager- EMILEE MIELKE and she was very flipant about the error this hotel made. "I will check it out" I requested a letter stating that I DO NOT OWE ANY MONEY TO THIS HOTEL and was told"Well if it checks out I will"....rude was not even a word to use for her reaction to the error....why would a hotel keep my information on file when I was not allowed to stay at the hotel, nor should they have been able to try "to authorize a payment" several times when NO service was recieved. I am very concerned and disappointed to have received this treatment when I did nothing...no appology for their error nothing. She just hung up. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and had no problems the place was just fine and of course would have stayed there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property online and let us know where our system needs attention. As I mentioned in my email to you earlier today, it was due to technical down-time on our credit card processor's side, that allowed your reservation to check into our system even though you did not check in. This made it appear that you were a guest on that evening who owed the hotel for the stay. I assure you that this is not a common issue at our hotel and I apologize that it caused you concern and an inconvenience. As I mentioned to you earlier today, you do not owe the hotel any funds, and I welcome you to contact me at the hotel if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Been to Super 8 La Crosse? Share your experiences!