“It's ok for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
“It's ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I liked it mostly for proximity to the highway. I was able to arrive at night on a motorcycle without being covered in bugs. The amenities were ok, breakfast ok and the room was large and everything worked well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Loved staying here made me feel like home away from home. Melisa was helpful and friendly as was the rest. Being from Tx I say this is hospitality done right. I will make it my point to come back and tell friends and family about this place. I came for for work and live knowing I have a home to cover back too. Great service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Cigarette burn holes in the bed cover. 2"cigarette burn marks in carpet. No AC outlets.

Room smelled foul when we entered. Bathtub backed up during shower. The bathtub surface was peeling and in need of repair.

I understand that you get what you pay for, but the owners of this hotel don't even try. We will not be coming back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

You could find things in need to be replaced and updated but defiantly made that up in customer service and clean room. Huge T.V in lobby where I had great experience watching U.S.A. soccer team advance-front desk didn't mind all that yelling and cheering .
Breakfast was very good and had a variety of items such as waffle maker, donuts, toasted bread and fruit.
I can recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write this nice comment about your stay in our motel. I am very glad that we met your expectations. Also we thank you for your feed back. Please be assured that all comments will be taken in consideration. Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Sometimes you have a bad day and everything goes down from the moment you wake up. Very seldom front desk person makes it better. Sorry to say this but usually makes it worse.
Autumn just made it better with her willingness to help and making sure that my stay is just best possible. Being on the road 365 day you learn to recognize person that cares. We had a problem with keys ( white side up- never heard for that ) but she just ran on the front of us making sure that we don't make extra trip. Just amazing customer service.
Clean , nice and very velcoming.

Room Tip: Autumn advice ask for the 300's rooms when you are making reservation-they are less noisy from t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write this nice comment about your stay in our motel. I am very glad that we met your expectations. Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We traveled with a group on motorcycles and used 5 rooms that weekend. 3 of the rooms were fine, nothing special but clean. 2 of the rooms were poor at best. The mattress on the bed my husband and I had was U shaped. I mean as worn out as it gets. It was late and we were already tired from being on the road and undressed when we discovered this so we did not request a change of room. To say the least, we didn't sleep much. I considered sleeping on the couch in the room but it was so worn and dirty looking I wasn't going to sit in it much less sleep on it. The room also had a musty smell to it. My friends room was okay and the bed was fine but she said she could hear each step the person in the room above her took each time they went to the bathroom.

Breakfast was not much at all but I am not a breakfast eater so I was okay with that. It was clean and there were no bugs so that made me happy. If the mattress had been better it would have been fine. I just look for a good nights sleep and a shower when I am on the road.

I did notify the person at the desk of the pitiful condition of the bed and she was very polite and apologized. If we had requested a room Change I don't think they would have had a problem doing it - everyone was respectful and courteous.

So, some of the rooms were average and some were poor.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write comment about your stay in our motel. I am very concerned that we didn't meet your expectations. Also we thank you for your feed back on the issues listed in this review. Please be assured that all comments will be taken in consideration.

New Ulm, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

clean and quiet; older facility, but kept in satisfactory condition; no problems during our overnight stay; fast food, Walgreens and fast food nearby; easy to reach off interstate; waffles for breakfast--yum!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Divna M.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse? Share your experiences!