“Nice if you don't care for the pool.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Miami, Florida
“Nice if you don't care for the pool.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

That is totally me, I can care less for pool or hut tub. Don't use one even if they have it, I just know that price goes up soon as they are on the property. This place is clean, nice and accomodating-all what I need when I travel.

Room Tip: 300's are nicer rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write this nice comment about your stay in our motel. I am very glad that we met your expectations. Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Divna M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I don't travel very often and front desk person offering the upgrade really surprised me. I did take it gratefully and loved the room. Very happy with cleanliness of the property, people smiling and being super nice threw the stay. Room had microwave and frig, iron and ironing board, coffee maker-couldn't complain on anything. Breakfast was also nice. Will stay again whenever I am visiting the family in Holmen.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms by music store.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Our Dear Guest,

Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The price could not be beat. $40 a night is a great price in La Crosse, which in my experience generally has higher than average room rates for a city of its size. The rooms were not new, but they were clean and everything worked. The breakfast was good and had a waffle maker. The front desk kept breakfast open past 9am for my kids to get a few more items.

The front desk has a phone and you press Zero and someone will come to the desk. When I got there, the person was in the office. No problems checking in. At first they gave me the wrong room. I reserved two twins but got one twin. They quickly moved me to the correct room.

But again this is one of those hotels that provide that ridiculous room safe that no one uses and then they tack on a $1.50 or $2 daily fee. Most hotels allow you to ask for a refund. Not this one. I asked and they told me it was not refundable because they have to pay the safe company. Well I didn't believe the story about the safe company. Yes I find this irritating. If you need the revenue, then charge $1.50 more a day. I would have been more than happy to pay it.

So overall a good place to stay. The room safe fee just tarnishes the reputation of the place in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Our Dear Guest ,

thank you very much for taking time of your busy schedule to write about your stay in our motel. I am glad that you found most of your stay satisfactory. Thank your for letting us know about the issue with extra charges. Please be assured that the comment will be noted and I do thank you for writing about it. Looking forward to help you with any future accommodations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived about 6 pm on a Friday night and found no one at the front desk. We waited several minutes then decided to try calling, hoping someone would come and answer the phone. No one did even tho we could hear somebody in the room behind the counter. We even tried knocking on the office door with no result. After about 10 minutes 2 girls walked out. No apology was made for the wait. We had reservations otherwise we would have left. There were other people in line besides us waiting to check in who were commenting about why no one was coming to wait on any of us. The rooms had an odd smell and the bathroom was tiny . It was hard to sleep because it sounded like elephants stomping around above us all night. The halls were dingy and I observed someone walking around smoking in the hall even though it's a no smoking facility. The breakfast was skimpy and below par compared to other chains we stay at in the same price bracket. One good thing, the bed was comfortable, too bad it was too noisy to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose another motel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Our dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time of your busy schedule to write the comment about your stay. I am very sorry that we, as property didn't meet your expectations. I assure you that all the comments are noted and I will make sure that issues will be corrected. Thank you again.
Sincerely ,
Roseville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rented King size room Friday night and everything was just great. Loved the price, got the 10% discount and had a very nice room. Breakfast was very nice also. We will recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Our dear quest,
thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write the comment about your stay. We are very happy that we met your expectations and didn't let you down. Looking forward to help you with your future stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Coming back from Sturgis-motorcycle Rally -we bravely didn't make reservation and we ended stopping in this motel. WE WILL BE BACK for sure. The level of accommodation and welcoming faces at this property ( from GM to the last employee we have seen that day)-OUTSTANDING. It was 20 of us in the group and they just made extra effort to provide us with get together space ( they have a HUGE lobby),asked us million times if we need anything, didn't chase us out at 10 pm and we just loved it.Don't get me wrong-motel could use some updates( maybe newer furniture and pool) but no one was fussing over that. What ever they don't have it was compensated with killer customer service. Very nice stay. I wish we did remember some names to point it out but in general-they were All nice. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Our dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time of your busy schedule to write this wonderful review of your stay. It could be just the fact that I love when I have you as my guests and take the pride that I always have few bikes ( or thanks God 20 like in your case ) parked on the front of the building-hopefully that shows in my customer service. Your group was just the pleasure to have around.
Thank you so much for trusting Us with your visit to La Crosse.
Looking forward to help you with your motels needs in near future
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We came to La Crosse on College tour. My son loved the college and I found the place where I will stay when I come to visit him. VERY friendly and accommodating staff. We do travel a lot and never expect a lot of night shift front desk person. Gentlemen working the night when we checked in was for sure pleasant surprise. Very welcoming and with huge smile on his face.He gave us the student discount and help us find the room. Clean, nice room and breakfast included in price. Very nice. . .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Our dear guest,

thank you for taking the time of your busy schedule to write this comment. We appreciate positive comments , we do thank you very much. Being College town it is always pleasure serving and accommodating the parents of the students. We know that every dollar counts so please be sure to ask for student's family discounts when we hopefully see you in the near future.
Divna M.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse? Share your experiences!