“Dream motel for Motorcyclists!!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2622 Rose Street, La Crosse, WI 54603   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dream motel for Motorcyclists!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Coming back from Sturgis-motorcycle Rally -we bravely didn't make reservation and we ended stopping in this motel. WE WILL BE BACK for sure. The level of accommodation and welcoming faces at this property ( from GM to the last employee we have seen that day)-OUTSTANDING. It was 20 of us in the group and they just made extra effort to provide us with get together space ( they have a HUGE lobby),asked us million times if we need anything, didn't chase us out at 10 pm and we just loved it.Don't get me wrong-motel could use some updates( maybe newer furniture and pool) but no one was fussing over that. What ever they don't have it was compensated with killer customer service. Very nice stay. I wish we did remember some names to point it out but in general-they were All nice. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Our dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time of your busy schedule to write this wonderful review of your stay. It could be just the fact that I love when I have you as my guests and take the pride that I always have few bikes ( or thanks God 20 like in your case ) parked on the front of the building-hopefully that shows in my customer service. Your group was just the pleasure to have around.
Thank you so much for trusting Us with your visit to La Crosse.
Looking forward to help you with your motels needs in near future
Divna M.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We came to La Crosse on College tour. My son loved the college and I found the place where I will stay when I come to visit him. VERY friendly and accommodating staff. We do travel a lot and never expect a lot of night shift front desk person. Gentlemen working the night when we checked in was for sure pleasant surprise. Very welcoming and with huge smile on his face.He gave us the student discount and help us find the room. Clean, nice room and breakfast included in price. Very nice. . .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Our dear guest,

thank you for taking the time of your busy schedule to write this comment. We appreciate positive comments , we do thank you very much. Being College town it is always pleasure serving and accommodating the parents of the students. We know that every dollar counts so please be sure to ask for student's family discounts when we hopefully see you in the near future.
Divna M.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have never had a more wonderful stay in a hotel than I have here! I traveled with my family (a sisters' trip) and there were 5 of us. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a room with 3 beds for free. (We weren't expecting the 5th person to come with us, but she came with at the last minute) When I asked for extra towels, the manager (please forgive me if I spell this wrong) Dvnia (?) was more than happy to assist. She first brought some okay-condition towels up to our room, then a few minutes later brought some newer, better-condition towels. The room was very clean and very spacious. It is a bit dated, but not worn.

There were also two TVs, but I really think the setup could have been done better. Perhaps one TV on the side of the room with 2 beds and the other TV on the other side instead of next to each other. It was impossible to hear our TV over the other and vice versa. But nonetheless, an added feature.

Very, very friendly staff, fast service, great breakfast. Dvnia was there making waffles for an elderly couple and cleaning the counters and tables. A great place to stay. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: There is a cute little outdoor area out back with a couple tables, just for sitting or eating breakf...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Divna M, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Our dear guest,

let me thank you first for staying with us as well as choosing our property among others in La Crosse. Every guest that stays with us becomes part of our family and that is how we always welcome you threw the door. I am glad that you experienced the same and that we didn't disappoint you and your family. I do remember you and your sisters -youstayed in my memory as great group that I was honored to serve that night . I was happy to be part of your positive experience in our motel.
I appreciate the notes about the rooms and you would be pleased that in staid of two T.V. sets one larger flat screen is in the same room. I was thinking about as I was buying the same.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Looking forward to serve your family in the future.
Divna M. GM
McCordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I found our stay here to be satisfactory. The rooms were cleanly and comfortable. The hotel isn't too far from downtown La Crosse which was convient for us. My only regret is that the weather wasn't a little bit nicer so we could have enjoyed the cute garden they had set up in the back. Overall nice stay for a very fair price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
maca69, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Before anything else being said, I want to thank you for your heartwarming coments. I do remember your group and It was such a pleasure having you as our guests. I do thank you for the ideas how we can make room more efficiant and we will make sure to try the same. Please if you are passing through our area I would be honored to have you as our guest. If you would be kind to print this letter and bring it with you, we could offer you 20% of your price as the appriciation for taking time out of your busy schedule and writing about your stay with us.
Sincerely ,
Divna Miljkovic with AmericasBestValueInn team
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

When we first walked in, the staff was unprofessional and it took an unusually long time to get checked in. Our keys weren't made properly. We signed for a non-smoking room, but the room was foul with stale cigarette smoke. There were cigarette burns on the carpet. The sheets smelled sour. The bathroom looked unclean. The AC/heating unit wasn't sealed properly, so cold air was pouring through the outside of it. When the shower head was in use, it looked more like the stream of a garden hose - just a single stream of water. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the Internet is pretty fast. It gave us a place to sleep and that's about it. I really hope that all of America's Best Value Inn's aren't ALL like this.

• Stayed April 2013
maca69, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We do appreciate your review and it will help us in improving the condition of our property.We will look into addressing all issues that you pointed in your review and we are very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. AmericasBestValueInn La Crosse team members.
Caro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was clean, beds comfortable, front desk people were friendly and efficient. That is the sum total of the good! Stayed there for 7 nights, room was cleaned maybe 4 of those 7. Trash was not emptied the entire time! At midnight on Friday night a hooker was knocking on the door looking for someone's "friend"! My daughter had make-up missing from her make-up bag. No hangers for clothes in the closet. Seemed to be lots of people just hanging around. Just didn't feel safe or comfortable there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
maca69, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We do appriciate your honest coment about the things that matters most to Us. Clean, comfortable rooms and good customer service. As much as try to screen people at the time of check in, as the motel we we are open to public. We do react soon as there is the complaint and I wish that we knew the troubles you went threw. As always we welcome any coments which can lead us to the right direction and better service. Sincerely ,
AmericasBestValueInn team.
Albert Lea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here over this past weekend and was an ok place to stay but does need major room up dates. The price was right for what you get while staying there. I was there for a reunion event and they were VERY accommodating to the group of people with took up on entire wing of the motel. Its located right off I90 freeway at exit 3. Next door is a Walgreen's Drug store and the other side is a Kwik Trip convenience store. Across the street from a good steak place and close to downtown La Crosse. Just a couple of miles from the mall and LOTS of shopping and eat places....anything your heart might desire. So go and enjoy the area of La Crosse, WI.

Room Tip: I don't think there were any better room location in this motel at all....I am sure there all eq...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for such a nice review but before that let me thank you on what matters the most-choosing Us among the other properties and staying with Us. We couldn't wish for better way of showing that you had good stay with us and we would love to see you again . Please print out this response to receive 20% off on your future stay. Sincerely,
AmericasBestValueInn team members

Been to Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse? Share your experiences!