“Old and tired rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in La Crosse
“Old and tired rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

First impressions are important, and unfortunately I arrived to a parking lot full of motorcycle riders. This was not just my "lucky" day, they cater to them and appear to be part of a motorcycle club. Being a female travelling alone, I was not very comfortable. Upon arriving in the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised. It has recently been redone and looked very fresh and clean. Closer inspection revealed that it had been "cheaply" redone, metal chairs with vinyl in the breakfast area, etc. Well, at least it is clean. The room was very old and tired, with old picture tube tv, bedspread with holes in it, cheap and worn furniture, worn carpet, no hair dryer, telephone was across the room (how do you get a wakeup call?), broken faucet handle, etc. But it was all very clean, more than some high end hotels I have visited. Breakfast the next morning was very boring. Besides the waffle maker, which had a lineup a mile long to use it, there was chocolate & powder sugar mini donuts, cereal, oatmeal, toast. Overall, I would consider this hotel to be very basic. The price was good but maybe you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
maca69, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We sincerely thank you for your honest opinion on our La Crosse property. We are constantly trying to improve our Motel without need to raise the prices which would affect our customers.all your input is greatly appriciated and already put on the list needed to be improved. Sincerely , America Best Value Inn team.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St Paul MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here over night when visiting a friend in LaCrosse. The room is very basic. I had king size bed, TV, micro wave and fridge. No hair dryer, coffee maker. The bed was comfortiable. Staff very friendly. For the price it worked for me. As a female I felt safe. restaurants within walking distance. I90 abouat 1/8 mile away. The carpet was dirty/ old so I wore my shoes in the room. My friend had a room down the hall from me. Her room had King size bed, coffee maker and clock but her microwave had no clock on it. She also had a fridge in her room. No hair dryer. Where can you stay for $60? Can't complain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for information on your stay with our La Crosse property. We do value each customers opinion and apriciate you taking the time to write the facts that can just help us. We do hope to see you at our property in your future stay when we would be more then happy to give you discounted rate w printout of this review as appreciation for your time . Sincerelly America's Best Value Inn team.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We came from across the country and saw the hotel right off I-90 at this time it was 2am and we were extremely tired. Most hotels we had stopped at during our trip, their staff was rude. When we arrived the lady at the desk was extremely nice n a pleasure to talk to. She put us in a room but, the room was dirty, which I believe housekeeping slacked off. I mean dirty! We went back to the lobby and told her, and this is when I remembered her name as Stephanie. I could tell she was genuine and to seem a bit embarrassed. She apologized and explained that her computer showed it as a clean room. She then put us in one of their suites which was much more pleasurable. She accommodated us very well, by offering her services, as in extra pillows and such. However I believe she should have more protection during a night shift as I did notice what seemed to be drug activity in the area and some scary people in that place. She was the one thing that made it a nice stay. Very nice, professional, with a great smile and personality.

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I witness first hand! of how the hotel was ran and operated .First off the whole establishment was very nobody knew what they were doing it was a circus. The rooms were not up to standard how a room should be I am very surprised that the health department has not yet been contacted which I think I will be doing that after this comment is made on this site. Customer service was the most shocking to me very very unprofessional to words there employees as well as there customers . I will make it my mission to let people know exactly how I feel about that place and how offended and dissected to even have witness what I did while I was at that establishment. I would have to rate the hotel zeros all the way around. I have never been the one to complain but someone and something has to be done about operated before anyone else has to go through what I did

• Stayed September 2012
We are very sorry that you had a unpleasent expiriance at our La Crosse property. We sure wish that we knew more about nature of the problem in order to address the same but we sure do appologize for any problem you had. We thank you for your time and wish you the best in your future traveling. Sincerely , Americas Best Value Inn team.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very good stay.! My family really liked patio and little fountain . Very relaxing. Clean rooms , very nice people -eager to help you.We came for one night only but we sure will keep this place in mind when we come again in La Crosse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for taking your time and writing the review about your stay in our La Crosse property. We are happy that we did meet your expectations and made your stay comfortable. We sure hope tosee you in your future traveling. Please use the print out of this review as the coupon for your future stay at our property. We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day w 20 % of rack rate . Sincerely , Ameicas Best Value Inn team.
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came in this motel as first choice of the freeway but we liked it and stayed 3 days. My husband was very found of over sized T.V. in the lobby and comfy furniture , just right for his sport"s moments. Very nice people and clean room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hortonville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

June 29, 2012. The first thing I saw when I went to the entry for our room is a guy standing outside the door smoking & doing something on his phone. I have nothing against smokers but his attitude was strange. The hallway inside smelled awful...if we could have left for some other place i would have. The room was acceptably clean...but everything was old. The bed had a rockhard mattress. After dinner that evening, we came back to see some guy parked near that door having dry heaves or something kneeling on the ground. His companion didn't seem very concerned so we didn't call the police. Later we wondered if there were drug sales or activities going on there. There seemed to be more than the normal activity by that particular door. The place gave me the creeps. The same guy was at the door in the morning joined by a woman...

Any way, I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse? Share your experiences!