“Very Good. But had glitches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel La Crosse

You added Radisson Hotel La Crosse to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel La Crosse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Harborview Plaza, 200 South Second Street, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in La Crosse
Rock Rapids, Iowa
“Very Good. But had glitches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The first front desk staffer got distracted with a personal phone call and walked off her station. A second staffer had to come and complete my registration.
Once I may room I noticed a used towel hanging on a hook on the backside of the bathroom door.
Other than those 2 minor glitches everything else was Radisson quality. Bed was excellent. Room super clean. Bathroom was spotless.
Facility was clean, bright and well maintained. A huge plus is their parking lot in the downtown area of La Crosse where parking is severely limited. The skywalk to La Crosse Center another plus.
Most definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear James Z,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, we appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we are performing. I apologize for the less than adequate service you received at the front desk while you were checking in. I will review our procedures with the desk staff to ensure they are offering undivided attention to the guests standing in front of them. I will also share your comments with our housekeeping staff so they can remember to focus on the details and not miss something as critical as a used towel.

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here and that the minor distractions didn't deter too much from your visit. Again, I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention so we can work on improving our operation.

Safe travels until your next visit,

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is in a good location if you need to near the LaCrosse Center or in the downtown area, however I found it to be quite pricey for very small rooms with paper thin walls where you can here all the foot steps on the upper floors and water running and toilets flushing in adjacent rooms, The staff were very friendly but all in all this hotel was ok, better for business travel than for vacation with a family,

Room Tip: Stay on top floor to avoid hearing upper neighbors walking around,
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mommydanc
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear mommydanc,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse. I am sorry to see that your stay was disrupted with noise. It was definitely a busy weekend with the state high school dance competiition happening at the center next door, our hotel was filled with families attending those events. I have spoken with our night crew and reviewed plans to try and minimize the running around and slamming of doors for future events similar to this one.

I am pleased to see that our staff made a favorable impact on you, but again, I am sorry your night was not as restful as it could have been. Should your travels bring you back to this area for the dance competition or for any other reason, please feel free to contact me directly if you need assistance.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to being of service to you for future visits.

Safe travels,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel was a great place to stay! The place was very clean. The employees offered to help or assist all the time even if you were only carrying a small bag. Very helpful friendly service! I cant say enough good things about this hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Oh I guess if there was a negative, it would be that our room was really warm. We even turned on the air and it still didn't cool down. But that was a small discomfort. Everything else was amazing.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask if they have pool side rooms. I never seen anyone come out when we were at the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Cheryl R,

Thank your for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, we are all happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that the room would not cool down for you, we are in the process of replacing all of our in room heating/cooling units and new thermostats--which will allow for better flexibility.

We will look forward to being of service to you for future visits, if I can ever be of assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Safe travels,

Chanhassen, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Were in La Crosse for a get away weekend. Very good facility. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating as we had some special needs. Nancy in the lounge was the best. We are planning to come back to the area in the spring / summer. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Tony P,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, I am thankful for the kind words and the fact that you will utilize our hotel for future stays. There are many hotels to choose from and it great to see that you have chosen ours.

The weather in spring/summer will give you the opportunity to see just how beautiful this area is, there is nothing like driving down 90 E from Minnesota and winding down through the bluffs to the Mississippi river, it is breathtaking.

Go Chanhassen Storm! I miss that area of the twin cities.

Until we see you again, safe travels and stay warm.

Monroe, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family has stayed here several times and have been impressed every time. Fun, clean pool area, nice clean rooms. When we've stayed at the club level we love the evening snacks and breakfast. Friendly employees and great location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear ellemar 24,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay once again. It is nice to see that you have chosen our hotel as your home away from home when you travel to La Crosse. It means a lot to all of us that you rely on the Radisson for your hotel needs, if there is anything we can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to ask us.

I will look forward to meeting you on future visits, until we see you again, safe travels!

Best regards,

Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have a family member at nearby Gundersen Medical. The hotel provides shuttle service not only from the airport but also to the hospital. The staff goes above and beyond providing not only excellent service, but heartfelt compassion. Location is perfect; walking distance to all the downtown shops/restaurants, and a restorative walk to the hospital. Yummy restaurant and beautiful view of the water, nice bar w widescreen and cozy fireplace. Wifi and computer/printer area. You are this hotel's priority, a staff who treats you like a special friend.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JoyceVP_45
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear JoyceVP_45,

I was so thrilled to read your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse! It is so wonderful to see that you enjoyed our staff, I feel very fortunate to work alongside so many caring individuals. I am hopeful that your family member is recovering quickly, if there is anything any of us can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to ask.

I will look forward to meeting you at some point.

Kindest regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel cannot be beat- it sits right on the river with a great walking path and park right outside the door. It is right downtown near shops and restaurants and bars- all within walking distance. A bonus in December is a really impressive Rotary sponsored Spectacular Christmas light display right across and down the street, you can drive or walk thru, really cool! The staff are all courteous and clearly customer service focused. Rooms are clean, comfortably appointed, beds are comfy, towels are plush and in good shape. Food in the restaurant is good. Decent little fitness center and pool area. The club floor amenities are nice with good breakfast choices and cocktails and snacks in the afternoon- nice touch!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cmboese
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear cmboese,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel, La Crosse. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here and that you were able to take advantage of the Rotary lights and the location of the hotel. I see that you are from the twin cities, I hope you can take a trip back to La Crosse in the summer time to see the area at that time of the year, quite different, but equally as beautiful.

I am formerly from the southwest part of the twin cities but have relatives north of St. Paul, do you know the Boeses' of Forest Lake at all?

Safe travels and we will look forward to being of service to you for future stays.

Kind regards,