“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel La Crosse

You added Radisson Hotel La Crosse to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel La Crosse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Harborview Plaza, 200 South Second Street, La Crosse, WI 54601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Washington DC
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel is incredbily well located -- directly across the street from the Mississippi, the river walk and a park. It is in the historic area with well regarded restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend staying in the historic area, near the River, if you are in La Crosse. Many of the hotels listed for La Crosse are outside of the downtown/historic area; as we drove into La Crosse and saw other locations, I felt they were lacking in interest and charm. Of the hotels in the historic area, I thought that the Radisson was the best situated.

For our one-night stay, we found the room bo be clean and generally fine. The bathroom is a very tight space -- this actually bothered me the most about the room.

The fitness center is decent. Parking is ample, convenient and free.

Two computers were available for guest use in the lobby. Fairly comfortable desk/seating arrangements for computer use.

The hotel staff was helpful and pleasant.

Overall, due to its great location, a good choice for staying in La Crosse.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
owatonna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

1st of all, the location is wonderful, its kindof down town away from the "noise" of the city, wonderful view of the river.

Almost all employees looked "board" and unimpressed at their choosen carrear feild (even if it just for college tuition) The check in clerk failed to activate the room key which in turn made us go back down to 1st level and have the check in person activate the key which we were blaimed for "deactivating" the room key by it being next to our "cell phone" and "debit card" because the magnetic strips touched and demagnitized it.
After that drama we enjoyed a quiet night in our room, the bathrooms / carpet/ and sheets felt clean we did enjoy the pool area , to my amazment the pool area was actually clean, the swimming pool was cold but the hot tub was "way hot" and relaxing.
The stay was restful.
In the morning we headed down to the lobby for breakfast. ****UNLESS THEY CHANGE THEIR POLICY DO NOT EAT IN THE RESTURANT!!!!!!! ---- HORRIFIC!!!!*****
2 Ladels of syrup on 2 french toasts, rock hard pancakes, and underdone ***SLimmy eggs
waitresses were more excited to arrange napkins on empty tables than actually check on us..no eye contact so we were forced to eat the ineatable food. The waitress came around when the check was due, and asked how "things were" so we told her and she said "not my problem, the cooks do it" " I just take the food to the table, and have no responsiblity for how food looks like / or tastes.

all in all I would recommend this hotel, but be wairy of disgruntled employees and be advised on your food order!!!

Im sure even with the resturant and check in people you will find this a relaxing stay, and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We decided to stay at this hotel at the last minute. As Gold Points Plus members, we had a earned a free night that we decided to use to treat ourselves. The Radisson has a reputation for being one of the top hotels in the area. How it earned that reputation, I do not know! The room was clean, but the glassware provided was spotted and did not appear clean. The furniture is old and looking quite beaten up. The door looked like someone had tried to break in.The rooms are quite small and the selection of channels to watch is the absolute most basic cable possible, with several not coming in clearly. The beds in our room were Sleep Number beds that unfortunately did not work. One of the beds wouldn't adjust at all so I slept with a hard lump in the middle of my back all night. The other bed would only adjust a little bit, so my son woke up with a sore back and hips from the deep depression in the bed. The heat in the room would not adjust below 72 degrees. We called down to the front desk and we're told we should turn it off, the turn it back on. We tried that, waited a bit, but no difference. We checked the vent and you could see the filter or vent was full of dust. We again called downstairs and were told what she meant was to turn it off and leave it off. When I asked about having air flow in the room, we were offered a fan. About 20 minutes later, the fan arrived. Since it was the end of February and about 2 degrees outside, I really didn't want to open a window but we had to. Even then, with the window open and the fan blowing, the room remained too warm to sleep well. I can honestly say after staying at hotels all over the country, it was one of the worst night's sleeps we have ever had. Other downsides were the people next door talking loudly at 6 a.m. and not stopping until we checked out at 10:00. Upon checkout, we were greeted by "Checking out?", "Oh, you stayed free?" (in disgust), "Here's your parking token." No pleasant greeting, questions about our stay, thank you, come again, anything! What a waste of an evening!!!!! This was no treat! I would have rather stayed home and watched reruns!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
SE, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

The hotel was very nice and kept up well. I caught some noisy kids (hockey team) running in the halls and stairs. Troy took care of the situation and did apologize for the disturbance. Had a chance to eat breakfast in the restaurant and the food was very good. When we checked in the front desk did comply with our bed request.

• Stayed February 2011
Georgetown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

THEY SUCK. The housekeeping manager, a "Mr. Smith," is the most rude, obnoxious, cop-wannabe that I've ever met at any hotel. He even told me not to talk to his housekeeping staff as he walked by! This person is the largest single reason I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I came to the event with as much as allowed by the airlines without purchasing more baggage allowance. I was staying there while performing in a national music performance. When leaving the hotel, as I was packing my bags outside of my room down on the elevator foyer on the second floor, a woman guest came to where I was packing and would not leave, talking very loudly on her cellphone. To pack in quiet, I went to the pool area, and the hotel managers and several employees came in to see if I was stealing anything, the last guy making it clear that is why he was in there. Since we were given very much in the line of gifts and novelty items pertaining to the event, and there was no place to put these things, I packed three bags that the event staff were going to send to me via "Veteran's Administration post-to-post mail..." and after I left the bags with event staff in a room of the hotel, supposedly secure, all of the bags but one disappeared. When the mail arrived in my hometown VA, only one bag showed up. None of my personal belongings were in it, only a few items that I had packed. I suspect that "Mr. Smith" was to blame for the suspicious way I was eyed by the manager and the staff, and I seriously DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL BECAUSE OF THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS.

Find a Days Inn, which is one of my favorites, which would be about the same quality with better staffing for 1/3rd the cost.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Really liked it. It was within short walking distance to a lot of downtown hotspots as well as the La Crosse Center. They have a VIP floor, nice large pool, and it is well kept and clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Beautiful view if riverside room. Rooms small. Service excellent. Pool body temp, spa nice. Not a comfortable chair in entire hotel, rooms or lobbies. Food for conference was excellent and plentiful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel La Crosse? Share your experiences!