“Top Little Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2150 Rose Street, La Crosse, WI 54603 (Formerly Howard Johnson La Crosse)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in La Crosse
Blackwood, Wales, United Kingdom
“Top Little Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

So I've stayed twice in the HoJo La Crosse, Wi. My girlfriend, who is from La Crosse and I'm from the UK, the HoJo is ideal for us. Its in a quiet area and you wouldn't believe the interstate is literally a stone throw away. For me its perfectly situated. There are near by shops and restaurants within walking distance and if you wish to go downtown there is a bus stop outside the hotel to take you there (for $1.50 by the way, in the UK it would cost me like £8.00 for the same journey). It takes about 30 minutes to get downtown on the bus.

The room I've had (same room twice) was ideal. The air con / heater works perfectly. The mini fridge and microwave was included in the room. The bed is comfortable enough and I slept well. There are plenty of electrical sockets in the room too. Safe enough I guess, but to me but I find all American wall sockets dicky, so can't blame the HoJo for that. The a shower and bath are fine but the one bathroom annoyance I had was the toilet seat could be a little bigger.

The staff was great. The lady on the front desk helped me get a better deal for my next stay (it was on an evening, not sure of her name but its greatly appreciated). On my first trip back in November 2013, the check out guy was also a good help when I lost my key while packing up the car. Personally found the cleaning team to be fine and pleasant. By the way, if you leave a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, they leave you alone. That would be my advice to people who get woken up by them.

All in all, I'll be back in August ready for IrishFest. I look forward to more stays in the Howard Johnson

Room Tip: I've stayed in Room 133 twice and hope to stay there again if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
It was great to hear from you. I agree that the location is perfect with all the attractions and conveniences within walking distance. I was very pleased to read that you are happy with my staff and property. I look forward to seeing you during Irish Fest.

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Plattsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed two nights and had to book a motel in Lacrosse WI because all the motels were taken in Winona MN where the college track conference was. Easy to find, close to several eating establishments, friendly desk staff, who gave us all sorts of directions to scenic and eating areas of interest. The room was somewhat dated, but very clean. Beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was clean, but a little cramped. Exercise room had an elliptical and a treadmill, both of which my wife said worked great. Breakfast choices were typical of this price range of motels. I had a little trouble with the in-room coffee pot, but I left a note for maintenance, and the coffee in the lobby more than made up for the slight inconvenience. If you're looking for a good nights rest for an awesome price, this is definitely the place. If we're ever in La Crosse again, this is where we'll be staying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
H0J0GM, Maintenance Man at Motel 6, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for letting me know about the coffee pot. If guests don't let us now things are not working, it might take a few weeks before we discover it ourselves. I liked reading your review. It was honest. But mostly, I'm glad you had a nice stay and plan to return. Thanks again.

Maintenance Man

Jim Brown
La Crosse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We found our room to be clean with a very comfortable bed. The front desk staff was helpful when we checked in. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Our priority is always to satisfy our guests the best we can & your review is very encouraging and helpful for us to exceed expectations in the future. We hope you stay with us again!

-Emily
Guest Relations
La Crosse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is an older motel, but clean and comfortable. I was traveling for business and all I wanted was a clean bathroom and comfortable bed. This met my needs perfectly for an affordable price!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Housekeeper at Motel 6, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share. I was pleased to read that you found our rooms clean and comfortable.

Housekeeper

Sue

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!