“A Great Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hartland Wisconsin
“A Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This steak house knows how to give a experience. The building and its décor are fantastic. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The service was simply outstanding. We can't say enough about the food or the evening...
If you have a little time, a perfect after dinner activity is a stroll along the Mississippi River. The Park and waterway is right across the road, was the perfect cap to the night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

had a nice dinner here service was great,no reservations needed.We spoke to locals and this was a place that several people told us about and it was well worth it and we were able to walk there from our hotel.

Visited September 2013
Minnesota
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a great prime rib, a way above average salad bar and was served by a fun waiter. What a perfect way to spend the night with friends. This place is only open evenings, starting at 4 I think.

Visited August 2013
Minnesota, USA
“GREAT FOOD --- BUT ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had not been in the Freight House for abut 25 years. A friend gave us a gift certificate, so we went. The service was excellent and the food was superb ..... but the price tag was expensive. I heard the servers ask each table as the sat down, "Is this a special occasion ..... " and the answers that I heard where ... "It's our anniversary", "Its our birthday", etc ..... so it appears to me that people dine here on SPECIAL OCCASIONS .... The meal that we had cost about double what we have paid somewhere else for a comparable meal. We are retired and because of the high prices, we will not dine here again, unless we receive a gift certificate.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mankato, Minnesota
“Good Dining Experience but Nothing Spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was told by friends and colleagues that when going to La Crosse I should go to the Freight House. I am a foodie who loves a fun night out. I was fortunate to find excellent parking because the lot was full which resulted in an over stuffed restaurant and small wait to be seated. The history of the place is interesting, but the food is just okay--nothing amazing and a bit pricey for what you get. The hype is not worth the experience. It is a loud place, service is not as attentive as I would expect, and the food okay but nothing to rave about. I probably would not return and encourage others to go to another place in town.

• Visited September 2012