“One of my global favorites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 164 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Canyon Lake, Texas
“One of my global favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy the ambience of this restaurant. Its usually my first stop when I return here. I like the bar. The staff is super. The salad bar isnt fancy but has everything I need. They have great beer on tap. Food is always good to great. i think the quality of the seafood is directly related to the care their suppliers use in selecting their shipments.

I know some say its expensive and it is relative to other local restaurants. Compare the quality to what it would cost to other places I go in other cities and Id say it's less expensive than Im used to. For example, it cost over a hundred dollars a head for seafood in Tokyo the other day for our group and the drinks were another fifty per person.

I enjoy coming here with my gf because it's just a nice, relaxing, dining atmosphere and we a re always satisfied when we leave.

The only reason I dont give it five stars is because it's expensive compared to other LOCAL restaurants so it's not a super value dining experience relative to the local economy. This last sentence should not be construed as a criticsm as the meals are worth what they charge.

Visited February 2013

Niagara falls
“High Quality Food & Service at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Freight House is the type of restaurant you like to discover when travelling - the atmosphere is unique, the building is extremely interesting in it's design and history, and the service is top-notch.

On top of that, they had great food - the food was excellent, and served promptly. A good selection of beers/drinks also was available, and all was at a very good price.

I would come back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fine casual dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have eaten here over 200 times in the last 30 years, food is always good, service always prompt and the atmospere is casual with a elegant feel. Pricing is a bit high, but based on our repeart visits, it must be worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“SOOOOOO GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I think it is wonderfully delicious! The food is yummy. Kind of expensive but still very fancy. You have wonderful waiters and waitresses. You feel like you are in an old lighthouse.

Visited April 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“A great historic stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stopped in here for a few drinks after dinner, it was a great stop! The service was prompt, the decor was excellent, and the prices were decent. For anyone who loves trains and their history, you should for sure stop here, very cool!