“Fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 169 Restaurants in La Crosse
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

It's always a happening spot and a fun place to eat. The staff is great and the food is delicious! The portions are comparable to prices and you can eat free on your birthday! :)

• Visited March 2014

“A+++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We were in route to Chicago in our road trip around the country. Found this place thru trip-advisor. Nice look of the place. We had for dinner soup, tilapia and alligator dinner. Great food, nice and polite workers. If you are looking for a place to eat in La Cross Wisconsin must go to this cafe! Super!!!

Jackson Ohio
“What a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Being a TripAdvisor devotee, I had selected Buzzard Billy's in downtown LaCrosse. Featuring cajun cuisine, it was a true delight. She Who Must Be Obeyed had blackened Tilapia and I went with an old favorite Andouhle sausage. The slaw had some horseradish and a real kick. My side of red beans and rice had a nice kick to it, hot enough to get your attention but far from nuclear. Reasonably priced and I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

Minnesota
“All around great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, great staff what else can one say all the makins of a good time and a great reason to return Oh and did I mention the best T Shirts in toown, I been collecting them for 20 yyrs You should go just for the name

Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun, Casual , Cajun specialties, but good other options as well!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were traveling with friends on motorcycles up and down the Mississippi and stayed in LaCrosse on a Sunday night. Many restaurants were closed, so our options were limited.

I chose Buzzard Billy's as one of our options because one of our traveling companions is a huge fan of Cajun food! That being said , neither my husband or I are, but I had checked the menu and saw many other options.

I had one of the best Chicken quesadilla's I've ever had! Chocked full of large pieces of chicken and peppers, and the salsa was very tasty.My husband had shrimp wrapped in bacon he thoroughly enjoyed and our Cajun loving friend had a craw fish platter he thought was excellent.

Buzzard Billy's is a fun causal place, with good food, Cajun and otherwise, and prices were very reasonable.

We had hoped to check out the upstairs starlight lounge after dinner, but it was closed on Sunday night.