“Can't beat this brunch--always a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Kohler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wisconsin Room is a Farm to Table restaurant that serves, breakfast, dinner and Sunday Brunch. It is located in the original Dining Room at The American Club Resort in Kohler, WI. Which is listed below:
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Can't beat this brunch--always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The American Club offers one of the best Sunday brunches I've ever had. Everything is done to perfection. The shrimp are peeled. The smoked salmon with capers was as delicious as it was beautifully displayed. The prime rib was the best I've ever had. The muscles were out of the shell. The ice sculpture was beautiful. The coffee cups were constantly refilled. Everything was fresh, or hot just as it should be. The champagne was delicious. Everything was beautifully displayed. The desserts were small so we could try several, and they all looked too pretty to eat. The French toast was enjoyed by our party. The reservationists are always polite, and everyone at the American Club is extremely accommodating. When the other woman in our party saw the restroom she gasped at it's beauty and interesting design (every restroom at the American Club has that affect on your first visit). The waitress was a trainee, so I'll give her a break here, but the trained wait staff are always outstanding. Treat yourself to the American Club's brunch. Great experience.

Visited June 2014

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“I Was Not Amazed, but rather disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I visited the Kohler restaurant(Fri.5/9/14) for the famous seafood buffet. I had never been to Kohler before. I was in the Sheboygan,WI area so looked up Kohler to have dinner. I arrived at approximately 7:30pm. The property is historic with steps up and steps down to the dining room and back up steps to the restrooms. I walked down to the host desk and asked for a table, I was asked if I had a reservation ( I see a good sized dining area with ONLY a few filled tables) I am told "We do like reservations". Our server brought us a basket which she served to me sourdough sliced bread and some rolls. The rolls were VERY disappointing the crust was VERY hard. The buffet was quite compact and closed together in one area. They have fried fish in a chafing dish, a baked type of fish, grilled chicken breast,oven roasted type potato cubes. A chef was carving "Nieman Ranch" (grass-fed) prime rib. The prime rib had gristle through the meat that I had to ask for a steak knife to cut my beef. The next beef piece I asked for a more well done end cut, this piece was dry and tough. I was disappointed with the quality of this expensive meat brand. The fried fish was not very warm and get somewhat mushy on the coating in a buffet chafing dish. I really wish they would bring fresh out of the fryer (and the kitchen) to your table this type of fish. The pastry table was the extreme let down I don't think anything was made in housed other than the churros. Everything else came with a printed parchment type cupcake paper under the pastry and all tasted "out-of-a-box". The items made of cake do not sit out on a buffet very well do to the ventilation of air in the dining room dries the cake out and makes it stale and dry. The mini eclairs with the cupcake papers under them tasted AND looked the the store bought frozen type. This meal was not up to $44.10 fine dining standards. Yes, one person to eat the Seafood Buffet at Kohlers Wisconsin Room Restaurant is $44.10 with tax included PLUS TIP without any drinks. The wait staff was below average. I believe there was two waitresses and many times I returned to my table to have the dirty dishes still on the table leaving no place to sit with my new filled plate. There were several times I look around for my server OR ANY STAFF person THE Dining floor was not maned by ANY employee except the hostess desk with there employees backs to me. I don't think the dining area should be unattended at any times. Nice atmosphere but food NOT worth the price paid. Bathroom matiquisly clean ( womans bathroom, I love the smell of the lotion).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grayslake, Illinois
“Ex Cuis It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Fabulous Dinner. Lovely setting, fantastic and friendly staff. Prices are reasonable for the most part. It's quiet and comfortable. Four of us dined here and each had something different, but everyone agreed the dinner was spectacular!

Chicago, IL
“Friday Seafood Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

No one told us it was a buffet (we don't like them) so we were disappointed to not be able to order off the menu. We weren't the only ones with that surprise so just be sure to ask. The waitstaff was very accommodating. Food was average but what do you expect from a buffet

Kansas City
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Impeccable service both for the Friday Seafood Buffet and breakfast the next morning. We were told when we made reservations that you could order off the menu OR choose the buffet, but the buffet was the only option. Luckily, there were many gluten free options, so it ended up working out well. I don't normally like buffets, but the food was excellent. Breakfast was very good, as well (and, again, many gluten free options).